Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Find the fish (is it me)?

It looks like there were several people that didn't belong in this hand post-flop, but was one of them me? Of course, I didn't really expect this many calls, but one or two were definitely a possibility.

In case it matters, this is a 22.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

MP1 (t1335)
MP2 (t725)
MP3 (t785)
Hero (t1520)
Button (t340)
SB (t973)
BB (t1012)
UTG (t670)
UTG+1 (t640)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t640 (All-in)</font>, MP1 calls t640, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1490 (All-in)</font>, SB calls t943 (All-in), BB calls t862 (All-in), MP1 calls t665 (All-in).
Old 05-21-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Find the fish (is it me)?

I don't think you can ever fold your hand here. If someone limped 56, 77 I'm losing my stack (unless of course I hit one of my outs)
Old 05-21-2005, 05:01 PM

You have the third nuts in a 22. You have tons of outs against the nuts. I can't put someone on 77 or 56 here (note, even if you can put someone on 56, you should still call given the amount of stupid people). You beat two pair, you beat overpairs, top pair, overs + flush draw, bad straight draws.

I can't find myself laying down to the one hand that has me beat bad, 77 for the nut set.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:08 PM

It's possible that bb is betting with something like a pair and an inside straight draw, utg is pushing with the flush draw. And if you're beat you've got a decent chance of outdrawing. You're not wrong to play this.

I think you should consider if pushing over the top is the best way though. Represent a draw instead for the non-thinkers in the blinds. If you push over a bet and a push... well they should be less likely to call with something like tptk. Maybe call the first push?
Old 05-21-2005, 05:10 PM

Obviously you have forgotten every thing you have ever learned from Lorinda here.(for all those who have forgotten it, it is hidden at the bottom of the post)

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero river quads.

Outcome: Hero wins mucho chips. </font>
Old 05-21-2005, 05:39 PM

I'm just curious, what did everyone have, and what were the next two cards.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:59 PM

I dont mean this in a bad way, but did you post this just after playing it? I bet that if you had looked the hand over the next day you would have realized that there was no need to post it
Old 05-21-2005, 06:22 PM

When I played it, I pushed without a second thought. However, I started thinking that I had seen a bet at the pot, an all-in, and a call of an all-in before it got to me, indicating a decent, great, and really great hand (IMO). Of course, it's been a while since I've played the 22s, so maybe I'm giving people too much credit.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:23 PM

I tried, but I just couldn't wait that long... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I played it, I pushed without a second thought. However, I started thinking that I had seen a bet at the pot, an all-in, and a call of an all-in before it got to me, indicating a decent, great, and really great hand (IMO). Of course, it's been a while since I've played the 22s, so maybe I'm giving people too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, I could find neither fault in pushing or folding here. Based on all that action, I could see how there could be a made straight, there could be a flush draw, there could be an overpair, there could be a higher set.

One thing that makes it a little more interesting is that there is going to be multiple side pots to consider.

In the end, if you thought "hey, this is too much action, I'm no longer a big favorite, so I fold." I think you've moved to a higher plain. Especially given how attractive your current stack is here.

Scuba