Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2003, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Major News Organizations In US Ignore The World

"Does it really matter? "

That we apparently have zero evidence? Uhhhhhhhh since thats our entire pretext for going to war, I would think so. When our biggest ally cites a 12 year old student paper as evidence and our Secretary of State praises the "exquisite" detail of said evidence, its time to worry.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Major News Organizations In US Ignore The World

"Well a lot of the problem is over 12 years old too."

That's true. But doesn't it worry you that one of the main people involved in supporting Saddam back then is now one of the main protagonists in his forcible disarming? Someone who sold him components for manafacturing biological weapons? I agree tha tjust becasue the US was wrong to arm him does not mean it shouldn't disarm him, but when you have Donnie Rumsfeld on both sides of the issue, don't you begin to at least question the administraton's motives for going to war? Don't you see any connection between the Bush administration's proximity to the oil industry and the fact that it's now ging to war against the country with the world's second largest oil reserves, and that many of the administration's key players were key players back when US policy to Saddam was almost entirely supportive? This isn't an argument against going to war per se, though I think there are plety of others which I've made elsewhere, but rather a question of why you trust these people when their ulterior motives and inconsistencies are so completely blatant.