Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 10:29 PM

Default kind of a mundane stud/8 hand

Any general comments? Reraise 3rd? Raise 5th?
I read Seat 3 as a decent player and respected his bets and raises as real strength. Seat 4 was playing a ton of hands and could have anything although he'd play his better hands more aggressively.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.30 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.65 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.65 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls $1.95 and is all-in
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

River - (15.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (17.60 BB)
<font color="white">
Results:
Total pot $17.60 Main pot $14.75. Side pot $2.10. | Rake $0.75

Seat 3: [Kd Ks Kc 2c 2d 4d Js] (HI: a full house, Kings full of Deuces)

Seat 4: [Jd 9d Ah 4s 7h 3d Kh]

Hero: [3c 5c 7c 5h 4c 6s Td] (HI: a straight, Three to Seven; LO: 7,6,5,4,3) </font>
Old 07-02-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: kind of a mundane stud/8 hand

Very nice hand. I actually had a hand similar the other day but I actually hit the straight flush. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Of course I scooped. 2-6 straight flush.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:20 AM

I don't mind just calling on third to try and get more people in, but I play aggressive and would probably reraise here, but I don't think it matters much. Fifth I think you absolutely have to reraise. You have a MONSTER draw. Jam on fifth and I don't see why you didn't reraise sixth. You have a made low, a gut shot, a pair and a four flush. The villian can't beat you for low. This is a must jam situation. You didn't lose anything in this hand, but you will be missing out on a lot of value by not raising in these situations. NH

EDIT: I didn't see that you HAD the straight. More the reason to jam here. He could be overplaying two pair or trips. You're not losing much in the rake compared to what you can win.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:22 AM

I see no reason not to cap on sixth and raise the river. The other guy can't have you beaten for low, and your straight could well be good. On sixth street in particular, even if he has Kings full, you have an out for a scoop. You have nothing to lose by raising. A free-roll is a free-roll.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:49 AM

Dear Alchemist -

If you love me and want me to grow and make you happy, you will raise and cap a live 7 low st8 flush starting hand.

Sincerely,
your bankroll
Old 07-02-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Alchemist -

If you love me and want me to grow and make you happy, you will raise and cap a live 7 low st8 flush starting hand.

Sincerely,
your bankroll

[/ QUOTE ]

nh