Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Worst sports injury that happened to you personally

When I was 14 me and my friends thought it would be cool to hurl each other into the air to dunk. I barely weight anything and they through me way to [censored] high and I had to duck to miss smashing my face on the backboard. Nobody came anywhere near catching me and I fell flat on my back from like 12 feet up. I wasn't really hurt, but I [censored] pissed blood for a full day. When you look down at a stream of blood coming out of your penis, it is very traumatic.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I stole the ball and was on a fast break, and in some sort of freak timing as I went up the guy chasing me ran right under me taking out my legs, flipping me over so that I was vertical in the wrong direction, and I ended up somehow landing directly on my elbow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to my Dad, except he landed on his knees, blew out an ACL, hurt the other leg as well. Took him six months to rehabilitate, during which time he gained 60 pounds that he was never able to lose. I'd like to find the guy to this day and beat hell out of him.

NT
Old 02-13-2005, 03:33 AM

Jeeze.

I'm a small guy, but could dunk on a break away in a previous life. The One Time that I dunked in traffic, I was at full extension, I landed on a foot, and got a hairline fracture that I slowed me down since. I blew the other ankle in football, forming up from one direction with my feet in the turf, while two of my team mates simultaneously formed up in the other direction. Their ball carrier and I got carted off -- me ankle, him, I suspect, just pain.

Baseball, was lucky enough to hit a dinger, but somehow pulled a hammy rounding second (it was cold). In a sense, it was the worst injury I ever had.

A few stingers. A strain or two, which as far as I know, is as bad as a sprain.

That was then, at this point, if I open a door too quickly, I might pull a muscle.

PS. Broken rib surfing, that was worse than the hammy.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:43 AM

Ok. I was about 15 and was riding my bike back in from the beach at my parents' cabin, racing against my brother. I turned the corner of the cabin while looking over my shoulder to see how far behind me he was. I never saw the charcoal BBQ until I crashed into it. I tumbled right, and the coals fell with me, covering my legs. Luckily my dad was nearby and got most of the coals off of me within a few seconds. Also luckily I blacked out and didn't have to deal with the initial pain, but still spent two nights in the hospital because of the burns. I give it a 5, but only because I was knocked out when it happened.

Worst I've ever seen: Senior year of high school, watching a rugby game. It was pretty muddy, not raining, but the ground was definitely slick. This guy was running full steam at someone who was trying to catch the ball. The guy trying to catch the ball was down on one knee, waiting for the ball to come in. The guy trying to tackle him lost his footing and went face-first into the guy's bent knee. He broke his nose, and completely shattered his left cheekbone, and cracked his jaw. His face actually was indented where it had contacted the guy's knee. I give it an 8, because he too passed out instantly.

-Diplomat
Old 02-13-2005, 03:45 AM

oh. I just remembered. Boxing in college I caught a hook to the jaw, didn't break anything as far as I know, but I swear, I felt it for 3 or 4 years after when eating.