Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Call this All-In? Nut Flush Draw...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I acutally kind of like the SB as far as position goes. Your closer to last to act preflop than the button, your semi-discounted if you want to call on marginal hands, and after the flop you have the choice to take the lead or check and act last (assuming the player to your immediate left bets out..)

[/ QUOTE ]

Postflop, you're at a distinct disadvantage, unless you're real lucky and get the perfect flop.

I'm curious... did you check or bet on the flop? If you bet, how much did you bet? I could be wrong, but my hunch is that you checked or bet the minimum and it backfired when the UTG raised all-in.

I think if you had represented strength by leading out with a healthy bet on the flop, you would have prevented a bluff by the UTG, and you probably would have seen the next two cards at a reasonable price. Unless of course, you still got reraised all in by one of the other two active players, which would almost certainly indicate a very strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't remember, but I probably bet into it, but more than min for sure, perhaps 100-200. I'm sure it just screamed flush draw, to be perfectly honest. I think UTG would have bet the same regardless, considering the cards he showed after all was said and done.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Call this All-In? Nut Flush Draw...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I acutally kind of like the SB as far as position goes. Your closer to last to act preflop than the button, your semi-discounted if you want to call on marginal hands, and after the flop you have the choice to take the lead or check and act last (assuming the player to your immediate left bets out..)

[/ QUOTE ]

Postflop, you're at a distinct disadvantage, unless you're real lucky and get the perfect flop.

I'm curious... did you check or bet on the flop? If you bet, how much did you bet? I could be wrong, but my hunch is that you checked or bet the minimum and it backfired when the UTG raised all-in.

I think if you had represented strength by leading out with a healthy bet on the flop, you would have prevented a bluff by the UTG, and you probably would have seen the next two cards at a reasonable price. Unless of course, you still got reraised all in by one of the other two active players, which would almost certainly indicate a very strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't remember, but I probably bet into it, but more than min for sure, perhaps 100-200. I'm sure it just screamed flush draw, to be perfectly honest. I think UTG would have bet the same regardless, considering the cards he showed after all was said and done.

[/ QUOTE ]QQ?

In any case I'd fold. You lose if you're wrong. 3x the chips doesn't increase your ROI enough to justify calling.