Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2001, 11:45 PM

Default more tipping stuff

this is the wrong forum for this but the thread is huge and so im taking the bad liberty of continueing the thoughts.

how many would keep tipping taxi cab drivers after finding out that they get half the fare usually. not many i suspect or all of those that just tip naturally. suppose that dealers got half the rake would you still tip them. or do you believe they should be tipped out of custom or do you believe they should be tipped because they only get near minimum wage. if its out of custom so be it. if its because of minimum wage, then shouldnt you tip all people you come in contact with, that provide a service that get paid small wages.

no one mentioned that the dealer is providing not a service for you individually, but for the whole table equally(i hope). this is not comparable to tipping the waittress or servers as they do special tasks for you.

also the tipping when you win a pot is not for service, its for the dealer delivering the winning hand to you which he had no control over(i hope). so doesnt it follow that you should tip the good dealers after they leave the box regardless of your outcome with them if you plan on tipping. just me stirring the pot of thought.