Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever heard of kids doing this?

We used to do this to each other in freshman year of high school when we were stoned. This was fifteen years ago. Then a friend of mine who was particularly messed up did it to himself in detention, gave himself a seizure, and ended up in a counselling program. We quickly decided it was pretty stupid.

I can't believe anyone else is still doing it, but it's probably no worse than kids sniffing glue, paint fumes, gas, or aerosol. Kills me to hear how kids are starting all this crap younger and younger.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:26 PM

They learned it from watching YOU!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's somewhat common.

I've heard of people (not me) who like to choke eachother during sex for the same reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

the lack of oxygen in your brain definitely does change the orgasm. I would never want to be joked, or joke someone, but you can simulate the effects somewhat by even holding your breath some.

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriends and I often tell knock, knock jokes during sex to get this effect.... It's OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....

"knock *UGH* knock"
"who's *aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa* therrrrrrrrrrre?"

beautiful
Old 07-13-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was a kid, there were other kids who played a similar game, but it involved bumping your chest just right so that you lost your breath. Allegedly, you could do it just right to pass out.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I thought of when I read the CNN story. I thought it was idiotic.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

CNN story

... and what 10 year olds are looking for ways to get high other than drugs and alcohol?

[/ QUOTE ]

I died laughing when i clicked this link.

first i saw "children dead after playing 'passing out game'"

then i immediately thought "oh yea, some kids used to play that when I was about 9-11" then i see the story was set in Idaho which is where i am from. So I guess all the jokes about how backward the state is really are true.

i really hope some non-idahoans have seen kids doing this too [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People used to do this all the time where I worked as a teenager. I can't remember if I did it or not *cough*.

Edit: Okay, maybe not hanging ourselves, but a version of the pass out game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I was a kid, there were other kids who played a similar game, but it involved bumping your chest just right so that you lost your breath. Allegedly, you could do it just right to pass out.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I thought of when I read the CNN story. I thought it was idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto 2. Also when I became "of age" this was done while taking a huge bong hit. It was called "an elevator high".

So stupid.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People used to do this all the time where I worked as a teenager. I can't remember if I did it or not *cough*.

Edit: Okay, maybe not hanging ourselves, but a version of the pass out game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when I was a stupid teen we used to do this when stoned. You hyperventilate and then cut off the blood to your head with your fingers (basically choking yourself) until you pass out. It s an incredible rush.

But of course its also very stupid.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:26 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

i had a friend in 7th grade (maybe younger) that use to make herself pass out by taking a deep breath and then choking herself. it was scary. i only saw her do it once or twice, and told her not to do it both times because it's stupid. but she did it anyway and would wake right up talking about how cool it is and try to get me to do it too.
i think she learned it from another friend that went to a different school. but yeah, kids do stupid things.

funny story about the same friend,(unrelated to the topic), one day at recess in 4th grade she was swinging, and was sucking on a quarter. she kept spitting it out and having me get it out of the grass to bring it back to her so she could keep spitting it for distance. i kept telling her how gross it was and she should stop doing it before she chokes (i'm no fun...), she of course laughs like i'm stupid and thinks it's a lot o fun.
of course this little game ended with her eyeballs getting really big as she's swinging, and she jumps off the swing pounding her chest. i'm like , are you ok ? and she seems all freaked out and says "i swallowed it!"
she ended up having to go to the doctor and the doctor said she had to watch her poop for it to come out and to make sure everything was ok.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:29 PM

When I was 10, I started drinking. What ever happened to raiding your parents liquor cabinet?