Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: NoTalent
y 10 7.30%
n 64 46.72%
o 63 45.99%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2005, 05:07 AM

Default What site do you prefer? (all factors considered)

If you had to pick one site considering fishiness, sng structure, software, etc...
Old 05-16-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: What site do you prefer? (all factors considered)

Empire... i know, i know... you meant Party/Party-skin.... but I absolutely hate Party's support (and the support that they provide for the other skins)... since Empire started their VIP support, I haven't had a single problem through them that wasn't resolved through 1 email.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:42 PM

I chose Party first and foremost simply because I feel their game structure and amount of fish outweigh the horrible software and customer support. Stars was a VERY close second because I feel they are the exact opposite of Party (slow structure,better players/good software,good support).
Old 05-16-2005, 02:36 PM

I do pretty well at Stars and Pokerroom. The slow structure gives me time to find a good spot and before I put my chips in the middle. At party, the blinds seem to eat half my stack befor I find a flop I want to bet.
Also, while I make some mistakes, I rarely make two big ones in one tourney. At the sites with the slower structures, you often have enough chips to make a comeback after making a mistake, not so with party. If you start with 1,500, and loose 400to blinds or a mistake, you're still in the hunt with 1100. But if you start with 800 and lose 400, you're crippled.

I chose Pokerroom over Stars because I like the 10 seat format better, and because it's a bit fishier (plenty of fish at Stars though, don't know why everyone says their aren't).