Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2004, 04:29 AM

Default Evelyn Ng in the news

Sorry if this has been posted already, but the CTV National News featured a segment on Evelyn Ng a few days ago. The video is still available on their web site.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Evelyn Ng in the news

How does a guy like Schoenfeld get her? weaaak.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:40 PM

I am pretty sure he is independently wealthy
Old 04-02-2004, 07:48 PM

eve is a hardcore, goldigging, pokergroupie. omnipresent in the mid limits of las vegas for a few years, now a postergirl for the wpt. my wife made out with her at the pimp n' ho ball at the palms. she told my wife she was a pimp to high rollers?!?!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:52 PM

Limon - If that were true it would have been mentioned in the CTV video clip.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:03 PM

May I never be whooped enough to say my girlfriend has a devastating insight into human character.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:53 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

haha!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:24 PM

what is the deal with her, she was featured in local newspaper while back here too...on the cover no less.

Is she really such a great player who deserves all this coverage?/ i have never heard of her before......mind you , i don't watch wpt.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:34 PM

News media feed off each other. One of the ways that news editors decide something is newsworthy is coverage in other media.

It isn't so much that she's a great poker player, but that she's a beautiful Canadian woman professional poker player.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
News media feed off each other. One of the ways that news editors decide something is newsworthy is coverage in other media.

It isn't so much that she's a great poker player, but that she's a beautiful Canadian woman professional poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more..

WHat has this woman EVER done at the tables, besides look good. That whole WPT thing was a sham. Like Barbara Enright or Cyndy Violette wouldnt have been better choices as better players. Evelyn and Clonie were eye candy that happen to play poker half-decent, that's all. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she could barely beat a decent 10-20 game. Maybe her boyfriend BR's her at higher limits...
Which brings me to my next thought...how many of these "top pros" are what I call "Bankroll pros"? Meaning, how many of them are just good, solid players whose bankroll from other ventures dictates that they can play in huge games and tourneys with little regard or care for the $$$ involved. In other words, it doesn't matter montarily if they win or lose, so they're allowed to be more aggressive and take more chances vs those of us who need the $$$. Not that they suck, but it just makes a guy like me wonder what kinda noise I could make if money was no object.
People I think of in this vein, who all have had sucess, are Ron rose, Phil Gordon, and Paul Phillips.