Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 12:07 AM

Default 33s vs 55s

I think this has been discussed a lot, so feel free to ignore. I've just began playing the 33s, (i.e about 50) but I plan to play about 250/week so I should hit the "500" mark within a couple weeks. If i can beat the 33s easily which I think I can and I am not judging from my sample size but more from the 22s and I like to believe I'm decent, should I move up to the 55s? On avg. will a winner at the 33s make more per game at the 55s? Is 50x the buyin sufficient at the 55s? I think thats it for now...
Old 06-06-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: 33s vs 55s

[ QUOTE ]
I think this has been discussed a lot, so feel free to ignore. I've just began playing the 33s, (i.e about 50) but I plan to play about 250/week so I should hit the "500" mark within a couple weeks. If i can beat the 33s easily which I think I can and I am not judging from my sample size but more from the 22s and I like to believe I'm decent, should I move up to the 55s? On avg. will a winner at the 33s make more per game at the 55s? Is 50x the buyin sufficient at the 55s? I think thats it for now...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're 'easily' beating the $33s, and bankroll isn't an issue, go ahead and move up. The $55s aren't significantly harder. My ROI is much less at $55 than $33, but I suspect that's due to an insufficient sample size and variance. My experience has been that the players are fairly close in skill level.