Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2002, 05:49 AM

Default Spider Man: Best Superhero movie ever

I'm a big fan of science fiction and fantasy. I'm also very discriminating about it. Great movies like the original Planet of the Apes, I can watch over and over. Mediocre films like Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace annoy me because of the missed potential. And, bad films like Star Trek: The Motion Picture actually piss me off since I usually have high hopes before I watch it.

I've never been a comic book reader but I loved Superhero cartoons as a kid, even the cheesy Superfriends. When Superhero films get made, I usually see them on opening weekend. Tonight, I made the time to go see <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Spider Man</FONT>.

I'm happy to report that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Spider Man</FONT> is the best Superhero film ever. It's a close call. Before tonight, I would have ranked Superman II as the best Superhero film. I also liked Batman a lot due to Jack Nicholson's performance as the Joker. But, <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Spider Man</FONT> is definitely a notch above both those films and any others.

I strongly reccomend the film.

Old 05-05-2002, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Spider Man: Best Superhero movie ever

My wife and daughter#2 saw it last night, they enjoyed. Me, you couldn't pay me, I'm a grumpy old man and seldom enjoy any movie.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:13 AM

Saw it tonight. Thought that it was outstanding. The girlfriend really liked it too.

Its great to see a movie actually develop some characters for a change.

Best line:

"This is why you don't want to be a hero: You never know when someone is going to face you with some sadistic choice!"

I was laughing so hard it hurt. Goddamn that was a funny freakin line.
Old 05-06-2002, 05:12 AM

Default Sam Raimi is dope!! *NM*

Old 05-06-2002, 08:12 AM

good movie, and sam raimi is probably my all time favorite director. My only criticism is Kirsten dunst. i thought she was mediocre. the last scene where she is professing her love was terribly acted by her.

Pat
Old 05-07-2002, 04:01 AM

Default Kirsten Dunst...

nonetheless, i still think she is hot as all get out. i don't know what it is...