Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 01:06 PM

Default Clinton thinks this is all so humorous?

Classified information is stolen and lost and he thinks this is humorous?

"We were all laughing about it on the way over here," the former president said of the investigation into Samuel "Sandy" Berger on classified terrorism documents missing from the National Archives.

STORY
Old 07-21-2004, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Clinton thinks this is all so humorous?

Yes, sounds like a reasonable explanation. Sounds like Berger was one of those "Paper-Pilers and Note Pack rats".

So, has any progress been made on who leaked the classified information that resulting in the "outing" of a CIA Agent?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Have You Ever Stuffed Your Pants Inadvertently?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you read the New York Times or CNN you will see clear bias in the story. They completely fail to mention the facts of the case and make it seem that it was an accident. In neither story do they mention that Berger has admitted to stuffing material in his pants. Its not even The New York Times lead story and they downplay it with a title making it seem like a simple campaign issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? The Times quotes Berger's attorney as saying he put papers in his jacket and pants pockets. Also, how is this bias? Isn't pointing out Berger's role as an advisor to Kerry good for the Bush campaign (i.e. the prior NSA couldn't keep secrets and respect national security and he was advising Kerry), certainly better than just pointing out he was NSA for Clinton?
Old 07-21-2004, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have You Ever Stuffed Your Pants Inadvertently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and when her hand got free she sure was pissed.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: You Miss My Point

Nah.....

I am making the comment here because think board as a whole slants violently towards anti-Bush. Every little nuance thing that shows Bush's culpability is mentioned.....a fourth rate low level analyst somewhere says we shouldnt attack Iraq and people shout SEE!! However, when it is shown that Joe Wilson is a liar there isnt even a peep here.

Now, I am not implying the democrats get away will all manners of crap while the republicans dont. I am only implying that for these boards. If these boards were pro republican the same thing would happen in the other direction.

My biggest point is that people as a whole (republican or democrat or other) have a very hard time looking at things objectively. I point out logical flaws all the time in anti-bush arguments and I am called a fox news watching Zombie, even though its about 95% against me voting for Bush.

To the other point, there is a bias in the media. I will not make any comments about its direction, but it is there. Fox News, typically conservative, covers issues far differently than CNN or NYT, which are typically liberal. But this is a conversation for a different time.

btw - I cant stand Ann Coultier and I generally dislike people filled with hate.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:50 PM

Yes I would as a matter of fact. Although there would be 40 posts that would have beat me to it.

I quickly called Bush a liar and said that his actions regarding the aircraft carrier flap were unacceptable.

I am not a republican apologist. I just hate bad logic [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 05:54 PM

So, has any progress been made on who leaked the classified information that resulting in the "outing" of a CIA Agent?

Well, kinda. Its been shown that Joe Wilson is a liar.

If someone did "out" and agent then I hope he goes to jail and lose their job. However, I dont believe it has been shown that a crime even took place - although I havent watched this story closely.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:01 PM

"Well, kinda. Its been shown that Joe Wilson is a liar."

Wilson may have lied about his wife recommending him for the trip to NIger. But she didn't out herself as an agent.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:02 PM

You are correct about the NYT, and it was my mistake. I didnt see that there was a second page to the story.

However, I did note that when I went back to check my facts that the story disappeared on the front page of both the times and CNN but remained on Fox. Clearly, these organization report news differently.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:03 PM

Correct. I didnt imply otherwise.