Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Very educational suckout

The reason I also called is that at those stakes, sometimes people will make those nothing bets, then just check it down or make another baby bet, because all they have is trip 4's or even a big pair. I figured maybe my hearts are good, I didnt think anyone else would call. Not only that but the guy raising into a field like that seemed to scream aces and that baby bet, pretty much fits in with it and he would probably check on the river or make another baby bet. This is the 25 tables and I am new to pot limit omaha high so I dont know if those assumptions are right, but thats pretty much what was going through my mind at the time. However when I saw another guy call, I figured well its over he has better hearts. I had pretty much given up on the pot right then and there, but then well the river hit.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the 25 tables and I am new to pot limit omaha high so I dont know if those assumptions are right

[/ QUOTE ]

Intersting thoughts Jorge. I must disagree, however. IMHO, at these levels, I think the best thing to do is wait for a monster and bet the hell out of it. You will be amazed how often you get your set called by an under set, your straight called by the idiot end, and your Ace high flush called by a J high flush. Nut peddling is the way to make a relatively lot of money at low buy in PLO.

With Regards,

Will
Old 07-17-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that, but it is a horrible beat, and im usually the unlucky player so I still felt sorry for him. When a beat like that happens its because someone played horrible just wasnt sure who it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how anyone could say this is a beat. For the low bets and and slow play, you let him get his odds to take your stack. Call it a bad play, not a bad beat
Old 07-17-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nut peddling is the way to make a relatively lot of money at low buy in PLO.

With Regards,

Will

[/ QUOTE ]
Great quote. I agree 100%.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net