Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: early SNG results: is this normal?

yeah i'm getting short stacked a lot when it gets down to 4-5 players.. very frustrating, wish i had more breathing room. at this point i'll push with any ace or PP.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:54 AM

It could just be variance though. My first ~400 or so $55s my ITM and ROI were very, very healthy.. ITM was about 42%, ROI I can't remember, but mid 30%'s. I then had a really awful downswing through the next ~200, then last night went 111133xx in a set, and my ITM is now at 36% (which I want to be higher), with ROI 14%.

It still means nothing, though. Below 1k SNG's it's impossible to really have a feel for how you're doing.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:02 AM

to put it into perspective for you....

I've made my living in all forms of poker for 2+ years, have played thousands of sng's 55's and up, with a solid win rate at all levels. I've played 4x more than your 60 this month, and have results worse than yours.

[censored] happens

doesn't mean you shouldn't think what could be wrong (I do)and try and get better, but putting too much meaning in meaningless results without the long term to reassure you is very deadly in poker. If you start down the "hmm, that didnt work the last 10 times I tried it, let's try this instead" path, you will fail. The only way to learn poker is to know the correct theory and methods and then use them. The cruel thing about poker is you have to play a hand the way you know is correct everytime, even if you NEVER win with it. Otherwise you turn into that guy that never raises with AK cause he always loses with it anyway.

So don't worry about the stats crap, worry about if you played the hands correctly in those 60 sng's.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So don't worry about the stats crap, worry about if you played the hands correctly in those 60 sng's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the good news for OP is that he has been posting lots of hands recently. So he will likely get things straightened out if he can ignore the short term frustrations and growing pains.