Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 10:23 AM

Default Re: biggest SNG pet peeve.

mine is when I limp with a suited connectors or some kind of speculative hand along with a few other limpers, and the big blind raises it the minimum! Now what invariable happens is that someone who limped with a small pocket pair decides it's time to take down the whole pot, re-raises it a REAL number of chips and I have to fold.

That, and anyone nimrod who raises or bets the minimum in no limit, is my pet-peeve.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:23 AM

read the origianal post more clearly.

HE IS NOT THE SB.
IT OBVIOUSLY HAS BEEN FOLDED TO THE SB.

His hand is therefore irrelevant as there is only the SB and the BB to play.

IF the big stack just calls the small stacks BB he gives the BB a free look at the flop and a chance to win the blinds (very important to the small stack.)

Hence you want the big stack to raise the small stack or fold, not give equity to aid the survival of the small stack. If you are on the bubble you want that small stack gone not being given free chances to look at the flop.

My repsonse was harsh but for your own good. What you said was so inhrently wrong that you needed to be shocked out of your deep ignorance.

If you cant take advice in a harsh form, perhaps start looking for another forum as I am mild compared to many on here.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
read the origianl post more clearly.

HE IS NOT THE SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand he's the BB, I just don't understand why a call is bad. That's all man........that's all.........
Old 07-26-2004, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was severely abused once in a game for doing it, accused of collusion, all sorts!

(It turned out that the small stack overtook the middle stack, but why should I care?)

It just turned out I had a mini-run of getting dealt hands like 72o against the small stack, and since my chip lead was still huge I was happy to wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful i e-mailed stars a couple of times with this sort of stuff, the only excuse is complete (add word) or collusion. (check their terms on soft playing)

If there is 1200 in the pot i call 600 more with 72o or whatever.

Regards ML
Old 07-26-2004, 10:41 AM

Alright thats a fair point, i heard it said before, but i still don't like it myself.

Regards ML
Old 07-26-2004, 10:45 AM

I think you missed this. I edited my post.

HE IS NOT THE SB.(He is not the BB either)

IF the big stack just calls the small stacks BB he gives the BB a free look at the flop and a chance to win the blinds (very important to the small stack.)

Hence you want the big stack to raise the small stack or fold, not give equity to aid the survival of the small stack. If you are on the bubble you want that small stack gone not being given free chances to look at the flop.

My repsonse was harsh but for your own good. What you said was so inhrently wrong that you needed to be shocked out of your deep ignorance.

If you cant take advice in a harsh form, perhaps start looking for another forum as I am mild compared to many on here.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
read the origianl post more clearly.

HE IS NOT THE SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand he's the BB, I just don't understand why a call is bad. That's all man........that's all.........

[/ QUOTE ]

HE IS NOT THE BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 11:05 AM

I hate min raises. I don't understand why people do it - which is maybe why they do. Or maybe they're just nimrods. That's the thing - you never know.

There are some situations where if you're the big stack it's not a bad deal to keep the short stack around. Two mid stacks are not likely to play back at you four handed as long as he's around.

But aside from that, yeah I hate the big stack fold, too.

If you're in the bb, and the short stack goes all in for 200 more making a 1000T pot, you should almost always call that, no matter what you have.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you missed this. I edited my post.

HE IS NOT THE SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, so he wasn't even playing this hand??? If that's true then I totally get the point of all this. Why is it necessary to be harsh on here..you get a kick out of it or something? Also, ignorance is making a rude uneducated statement based on nothing you know or even tried to learn before bashing someone......all i did to start this off was ask a question and you slammed me for my question when I never even pushed that I thought i was right. There IS something wrong with that!! If you wanted to shock me out of my so-called "ignorance", perhaps giving the correct answer w/ an explaination like you just did (and i thank you) would have accomplished that. I'm not sure why you need to be so combative, teachers who yell at students aren't more effective so i'm not sure where you're coming from. I just want to learn, not be shocked. I hope at least one person sides with me.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:12 AM

Ignorance= not taking the time to understand the question.

Where you teased at school. You are very sensitive.