Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 07:33 AM

Default Re: biggest SNG pet peeve.

worse is when he then folds to the short stack's raise when it's a v.small % of his stack [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

stoneii
Old 07-26-2004, 07:47 AM

Yeah i remember sitting with 1500 left BB was at 800, and the shortstack pushed his last 1000 from utg, and took down a pot worth 2450 without a contest, on the bubble too. Nothing worse than this imo.

Regards ML
Old 07-26-2004, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
alternatively titled "don't you hate it when this happens"....

Short Handed....

Big stack in the small blind. Shorter stack in the Big Blind. Folded around to the Big Stack who... CALLS the big blind.

anyone else care to add some things?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same sitch with the sb RAISING would be the real peave, no?
Old 07-26-2004, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Short Handed....

Big stack in the small blind. Shorter stack in the Big Blind. Folded around to the Big Stack who... CALLS the big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO!

This is what you want to happen and you should quickly learn why.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:31 AM

My biggest peeve is when I am mid-stack size and the larger stacks keep folding around to the shorter stacks blinds. Got to keep the pressure on the small stacks so us mid stacks have a shot. This is really annoying when there are 4 people left. The other day the blinds were 200/400. The SB was the big stack and call the blind. The short stack big blind went all in on him for about 125 more and the big stack folded. I was left quite peeved and scratching my head.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:08 AM

I was severely abused once in a game for doing it, accused of collusion, all sorts!

(It so happened that the small stack overtook the middle stack, but why should I care?)

It just turned out I had a mini-run of getting dealt hands like 72o against the small stack, and since my chip lead was still huge I was happy to wait.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:10 AM

Default Re: biggest SNG pet peeve. *DELETED*

Post deleted by HighStack
Old 07-26-2004, 10:14 AM

My pet peeve is players who play too slowly, because they are on multiple tables at once.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Short Handed....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO!

This is what you want to happen and you should quickly learn why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah woah, he didn't specify anything except that he was low on chips pre-flop (i assume) and didn't like the SB calling, why the snotty response? What he really wants is a fold to pick up the blind unless he has a great hand (which he probably doesn't have if he's sounding like he doesn't want to even play the bigstack at all) which wasn't specified, pretty much nothing was specified except he doesn't like to be called while low on chips in the BB.....if he doesn't want to be called why would he want to be raised?? Thanks for the awesome reponse, very condecending just like I like. Type back something educational to explain your answer which DOES makes sense if the missing variables were included in the original post. If he had a premium hand and the highstacked SB did raise, of course he'd want that.

Please try to type polite, so very tired of coming across attitudes on this forum, it takes everything away from them. We all just want to talk and learn from these posts, that's the point, what people don't enjoy is when they get a reponse like you gave to me. I havn't played my whole life, if you know something state it like a gentleman and you'll get a thank you most of the time. Read what you wrote and try to take it in a friendly way, you can't. It was totally snotty. No need for it. If you think your opinion is right, state why and it will be respected. I don't mind posting a false opinion or idea on accident if indeed I'm wrong, the upside is I get to learn why I might be wrong and apply it to my game in a (+) way if someone like you could learn to give a friendly educational reponse. l8r

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you addressing?

Poster A: I hate it when the SB just CALLS the short stacked BB.

Poster B: Wouldn't you hate it more if the SB raised?

Poster A (or is it C?): NO! You should like that and understand why.

So which post are you objecting to? By your own post it sounds like B, but it might be C.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:20 AM

I think sometimes this can be good play by a very big stack. Is the bubble situation not benificial to the largest stack - as they can bully around the middle stacks who are trying to servive until short-stack goes out?