Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2004, 09:51 AM

Default Women and honesty..

So women want the men to be honest and truthful to them. After all it's what relationships are based on right? Trust is key.

Yeah right..

The problem is for the man to keep a healthy relationship going is that we have to lie. We have to lie to our women. Why? Because they cannot accept the truth without busting our balls or refusing to have sex with us. Men are forced to be politically correct to women. We must "rephrase our words"..it's not what men say, it's how men say it.

Women contradict themselves this way. They wear make-up, padded bras, streak their hairs. So they will conceive themselves completely almost morphing into a different creature to the point where its almost deception.

I can go up to my bud and tell him he's getting out of shape and needs to start working out. He won't ever take it against me and most likely if he's lazy, he'll brush it aside. Mention to my girlfriend that she needs to get in shape and start working out and it's a whole other response. She'll think I think she's fat and not pretty and lazy. Then she'll start to cry. Then what's worse is that she might even eat more. Here's the real brutal thing - don't expect any sex anytime soon. Honesty... yeah right.

So what's a guy to do really? We'll we have to lie. We have to manipulate our words so it sooths her ears and ego.

It's when she throws those tough tough questions as us about her appearance is when men have to be super sharp and awake.

What if you don't say anything at all? We'll if you don't say anything at all to her she'll think your hiding something.

What if you compliment her or tell her she's the most beautiful woman on the planet. She'll think you are overcompensating too hard and it sounds insincere.

What if you tell her the brutal truth. "Honey, you gained 30 pounds and I honestly think we're going to stick the New Year's resolution for good this upcoming year." In return expect the silent treatment for like 2 months..and did I mention no sex?

So what does a guy do? He has to lie! He has to lie and lie well! He has to lie with confidence!

He has to bluff so well that even TJ Cloutier would have a hard time telling that he is bluffing!

Ironically enough, when women say they want a guy to be honest, they really want a guy to lie to them. They want you to think they look like a bazillion bucks, which most of the time they don't anyways. But heck it's about mental games..just like poker.

That's my rant for the night, yes I told the truth to a girl today and I paid the price. Life sucks, poker is great and there's another date down za [censored] drain. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]