Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Crosspost - Jennifer Harmon lays down AK four-handed

I thought this was a situation which was very similar to a lot of SNG situations, so I thought I might bring it up here. Please bear with me/correct me if the details are wrong, as this is all from memory.

Four handed. I believe, at this point, Doug Lee UTG is chip leader with about 1.1m, Thaler OTB is 3rd in chips with about 550k, Harmon in SB is 4th in chips with about 250-300k, and Bellande in BB is 2nd in chips with 800-900k. Again, please correct me if details are wrong and I'll edit.

Doug Lee picks up A8o and opens for a raise to 36,000. Thaler, sensing a weak raise, reraises with 92o to I think 90,000. Harmon in the SB picks up AK, deliberates for a while, paces, and finally folds.

Payouts were something like $120k for 4th, $200k for 3rd, $350k for 2nd, $690k for first.

Does anyone make this fold here? Does anyone want to have a crack at explaining her reasoning? I thought it was a fairly interesting laydown, one that I certainly wouldn't have made (this is a push for me pretty much 99% of the time.. Thaler isn't a total rock by any means).