Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 05:57 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Kerry Lies : About Everything

I was going over all the things Kerry has lied about or distorted about himself and his positions. I can't think of anything he has been completely truthful about.

Help me out here. Tell me some issue that Kerry has not lied about or distorted. Seriously, It aint easy.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Kerry Lies : About Everything

When exactly did you stop snorting all the cocaine?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:21 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

Well cardcounter0 failed to come up with one issue Kerry hasn't lied about.

Lets see how the rest of you do.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:27 PM

The war in Iraq. That's the one where you said we needed to go in before a mushroom cloud appeared in the United States.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going over all the things Kerry has lied about or distorted about himself and his positions. I can't think of anything he has been completely truthful about.

Help me out here. Tell me some issue that Kerry has not lied about or distorted. Seriously, It aint easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are documented lies made by Geroge W Bush:

"Iraq is free of rape rooms and torture chambers."
—Bush, remarks to 2003 Republican National Committee Presidential Gala, Oct. 8, 2003

"One thing is for certain: There won't be any more mass graves and torture rooms and rape rooms."
—Bush, press availability in Monterrey, Mexico, Jan. 12, 2004

"Saddam Hussein now sits in a prison cell, and Iraqi men and women are no longer carried to torture chambers and rape rooms."
—Bush, remarks on "Winston Churchill and the War on Terror," Feb. 4, 2004

"Every woman in Iraq is better off because the rape rooms and torture chambers of Saddam Hussein are forever closed."
—Bush, remarks on "Efforts to Globally Promote Women's Human Rights," March 12, 2004

"We acted, and there are no longer mass graves and torture rooms and rape rooms in Iraq."
—Bush, remarks at Victory 2004 Reception, Florida, April 23, 2004

"A year ago, I did give the speech from the carrier, saying that we had achieved an important objective, that we'd accomplished a mission, which was the removal of Saddam Hussein. And as a result, there are no longer torture chambers or rape rooms or mass graves in Iraq."
—Bush, remarks in the Rose Garden, April 30, 2004

"Because we acted, torture rooms are closed, rape rooms no longer exist, mass graves are no longer a possibility in Iraq."
—Bush, remarks at "Ask President Bush" event, Michigan, May 3, 2004

“The Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.”

“[Iraq] has aided, trained and harbored terrorists, including operatives of Al Qaeda.”

“The terrorist threat to America and the world will be diminished the moment that Saddam Hussein is disarmed.”

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent.”

State of the Union Address – 1/28/2003

“U.S. intelligence indicates that Saddam Hussein
had upwards of 30,000 munitions capable
of delivering chemical agents.”

"Our intelligence sources tell us that he (Saddam) has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production."

"Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at [past nuclear] sites."

Bush speech to the nation – 10/7/2002

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

"We gave him a chance to allow the inspectors in, and he wouldn't let them in."

Bush Press Conference 7/14/2003
Old 08-18-2004, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The war in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Kerry lied about that one.

Kerry misleading the American public

quote:

Sen. John F. Kerry said, on Jan. 23, 2003, "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real."

Sen. Kerry said that before the Iraq war started. Apparently Kerry believed the same intelligence reports the president relied on. Now, Kerry says he was misled but the president is lying.

Isn't it obvious that Kerry knows that the president's decision to go to war in Iraq was based on the same information that caused him (Kerry) to make the statement he made in January 2003?

If Sen. Kerry knows the president's statement was true to the best of his knowledge, isn't it Kerry who is lying to the American people when he makes false charges against the president?

It is obvious that this "spin" of the truth that Kerry and his campaign are promoting is in reality, itself a lie — and he knows it.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:15 PM

Well, it has been two hours and still no one has presented a single issue about which Kerry has not lied.

Hmmmmm................
Old 08-18-2004, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The war in Iraq. That's the one where you said we needed to go in before a mushroom cloud appeared in the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]

GWB's immitation of the President can be a bit humorous. But, it's much funnier when people respond to GWB by bashing the President rather than actually addressing the post.

GWB asked: Tell me some issue that Kerry has not lied about or distorted.

I have no doubt somebody could find some issue that qualifies.

Even the great Andy Fox couldn't control himself and had to talk about mushroom clouds in the U.S. I don't remember the President saying that (maybe GWB did?). I'm not so sure Andy's "The war in Iraq" is a suitable answer since the GWB side can be argued by pointing out Kerry's "I voted for the war funding before I voted against it" line.

cardcounter0 had fun making a cocaine joke. That's about four years old.

The Tracker puts up a post that almost immediately gets ignored by any sane reader since so many of those quotes are clearly not lies. Let me give some advice to posters who like to make posts like that- hardly anybody likes to listen to that type of droning. Even if you were 100% right, your arguement isn't going to work.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:46 PM

"cardcounter0 had fun making a cocaine joke. That's about four years old."

So you think it has been about four years since George snorted a line of coke?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:01 PM

3 hours + many liberals on these boards + no truthful Kerry issue =

Doesn't look good for Kerry's credibility if his friends can't come through for him.