Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Online pros: How many STTs per day?

Yeah, I was counting the first week of December. I think you were -$235 over 29 for the November period.

You'll find that there's lots of people that come through here and post their e-penises...er...the results from their heaters. At least you had a "preview post" and were updating the results after that, but if you'd run like crap for the past 1/2 month, odds are you wouldn't have posted an update (or would have been a lot less likely to).

The fact that you didn't post the first 6 days of December (where you were down $2k in the 28 we played) is (odds are) reflective of the tendency that a lot of people have when posting their results online. It sounds like you didn't have any bad intentions, but it just gets a bit old (again, there's lots of people that do this, and lot don't even have more "benign intentions" in doing so).

There was some debate on here a while back (and I realize you're not doing this, but some people have) with people claiming that 20% ROI long-term in the 215s was doable, and listed were 7 players who had supposedly claimed that rate at some point. I went back through my pokertracker stats, (only finding 4 players in there), and had that foursome at something like 5% ROI (+/- a few %, I don't remember exactly) over about 1,000 SNGs.

You're probably fired up about doing well the first couple of weeks after quitting your job as you should be, but the posting of 20%+ heaters in the 215s (and usually for as big a sample size as the heater lasts - people don't post only 1/2 a heater) got old a long time ago. Acknowledging one's 40+ buy-in drops, or break-even/losing streak over 500 SNGs+ is something that is done less frequently, but is more refreshing (usually).