Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 02:03 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: Reload bonus == FishyStars

[ QUOTE ]
I may also stop posting here for a few weeks, as apparently anything I say is now bait for the idiots who posted below. I'll talk to you in other forums, Al

[/ QUOTE ]

This shows as well, that you are only interested in making as many posts as possible, no matter where. As I've said in the past, the type that just can't shut up 5 minutes [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 02:08 PM

poker is a game about people played with chips and cards.

If the people change then so must your game.

If you blind out waiting on the top 10 then don't wait for premium hands. Your variance should go way up but so should your profits.

That being said, it is hard to outplay your opponent when you preflop raise to 1/8 their stack get called and get busted on the flop Q83 by Q3 off when you had KK [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (i think that guy must play on party too)

I got busted out of three straight SNG with KK (one was heads up though). I think i prob make more chips with kj then kk.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
StageMusic -- this post is really inappropriate and I think you owe Cris an apology. If you disagree with advice that she has posted, respond in the thread containing the advice. Nobody has asked you to watch her play online and criticize her game in general.

With no evidence, you accused Cris of posting advice she knows to be wrong. In my view, such baseless attacks on a person's integrity have no place in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry you feel that way. I stand by what I said however and will not apologize. Obviously I did not set out to "watch her play online and criticize her game in general" I was merely commenting on what I had noticed on the 2+2 games that were held and would not have mentioned my opinion if it hadn't of been for the advice given to a newbie on this forum.

Do you disagree that the advice given was incorrect? If so, I will apologize from the highest soapbox in the land.

Do you disagree that advising a player to leave a game because it is "too fishy" is wrong?

Do you disagree that many of her posts have contained the words "bad beat" "overplayed" "unbelievable" "suckout" or words to that affect when describing a loss. Or words appear like "I knew" "the only thing" or some such are there to describe hands won?

Also, where in my entire post do you find where I accused her of knowingly giving incorrect advice? I agree that it would be unseemly to provide such a statement without proof and have made no such statement.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:26 PM

Default well in the event you run out of critics...

we can always insult each other's mommas!

al
Old 02-09-2004, 02:34 PM

I think solid poker gets the money in the long run in both one and two table tourneys. I think clearly one will have better results playing solid poker against bad players rather than good players.

A tight aggressive style in a two table tourney will not get you short stacked and low on chips all the time.

Also, in most of these tourneys one double up (which you can often do with at least a 70/30 advantage).

I am going to gently step aside from any of the flaming posts.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you disagree that the advice given was incorrect? If so, I will apologize from the highest soapbox in the land.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you look at my posts from the last few months you will see that I frequently disagree with Cris's advice, but I have always been able to explain why I disagree without attacking her character.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, where in my entire post do you find where I accused her of knowingly giving incorrect advice? I agree that it would be unseemly to provide such a statement without proof and have made no such statement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stagemusic, you said: "I can't believe that you really think that you are correct. I can only assume that there are other motives."

Those are the two sentences for which I think you owe Cris an apology.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:00 PM

I can honestly see where you think that and perhaps that was worded badly. If so, I do apologize for the statement as it was written, not intended.

I am generally easy to get along with and will go out of my way to not flame someone even though I might strongly disagree with what they are saying. However, we all reach a point where keeping silent is a greater negative than responding. This post was that point for me. For that, I will not apologize. However, I did not intend to infer that Cris was anything other than an honorable person. I was mostly thinking of her keeping her name in play not for any other ulterior motive. Hope that helps explain.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:17 PM

Cris,

Having just started playing at Party again I can feel the pain. I think you are confusing variance with profitability. With so much new dead money in these tourneys I'm sure it a +EV situatiion for you. However you are going to see some crazy bad beats and a lot of variance due to this wild play. Hope the deck heats up, becaause when it does look for a real hot streak.

NM
Old 02-09-2004, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a ridiculous game like this, the only "correct" strategy is to play premium hands only, but in a Stars two-table SNG that's a recipe for being short-stacked and gone by 10th or 12th place unless the deck runs over you early

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just a newb, but it seems to me that correct NL strategy vs. fish is to limp in with more hands early in the tournament when the blinds are cheap, and hope to catch a big piece of the flop. Suited connectors, suited aces, small pairs, are all fine. Then, when the flop hooks you up, punish them. No need to bet big preflop unless you're heads up or think you can steal. Calling an all-in postflop from the strongest of 5 fishy players with just TPTK is a good way to bust out.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:28 PM

Hi Cris,

I think that your strategy of playing premium hands is the right one, but then I believe that to be the right strategy early anyway. The thing is...you only need one hand for a fish or maniac to double you up early and you are in pretty good shape to wait for another premium hand. Sometimes they just don't come. Sometimes the fisheys catch a whale. And yes, sometimes they call your JT with KT when you are shortstacked and waiting for the big hand.

But just as many times those same fish will call your JT with T5 or J2 and you will double up when they should have folded up and forked over their blind. And that's why they are so nice to play with...and so frustrating at the same time.

CCC