Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 08:39 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: Reload bonus == FishyStars

Are you plagiating my posts Stage?
Old 02-09-2004, 08:42 AM

I would prefer to consider it agreeing with William. Cut and pasting would have been so much easier to plagarize, although I might have considered doing just that if I had thought about it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 08:52 AM

Anyway, joke aside. This bonus offer and the MANY promotions at Stars this month is really good news.
The site had become really though and suddenly fish is swimming all over the place. There were 12000 players yesterday, still long way to go from Party, but much better in a way. Plenty of fish without the software problems Party has.

Way to go Stars. You have once again proveed that you belong in the leader field.

William
Old 02-09-2004, 08:58 AM

I agree 100%. Yesterday was so much fun. Tables were filling quickly and some amazing play was happening. There was a record 900+ players in the 200 + 15 tourney (I really wanted to play but the wife had committed us to a dinner party [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) Oh well, the food was good. I almost doubled my bankroll just playing a number of 10 and 20 SNG's and some HU. Was a great time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 10:30 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again -

bonus whoring is for those who can't win by just playing good poker alone. There ARE some bonuses that SHOULD be taken. I did reload some cash on stars just for the bonus. But stars clears the bonuses pretty fast. I STILL have $149 on UB that will probably never clear. Played 3-6 H/L stud there for three hours and maybe cleared $8 of it.

Consider switching to ring games or one table SNGs while all the morons are going for their bonuses. In the one table SNGs, I just love it when the morons go all-in early and eliminate each other. The other day it was only level II with five players left, and by level 4 it was down to three.

al
Old 02-09-2004, 01:18 PM

Hi Al,

I agree, in a one-table SNG I love this kind of opponent. It becomes very easy to play: fold everything but premium hands until it's nearer the bubble, then play aggressively to move up..

In a two-table SNG, that won't work, because there are too many to wait out, and by then you're down to such a short stack that you're going to have to be all-in, called, and covered 3 or 4 times to get back into the hunt, and the odds of surviving that (even if you're ahead each time) are poor.

I may also stop posting here for a few weeks, as apparently anything I say is now bait for the idiots who posted below. I'll talk to you in other forums, Al.

Cris
Old 02-09-2004, 01:27 PM

Of course, everybody things you're nuts, but we are the idiots [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And as far as I can see, you have been flamed at the other forums as well. The general opinion seems to be you know nothing, but can't stop talking(or writing in this case)

LOL, you're a joke [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 01:44 PM

Cris,

Normally I like your comments/advice but the fact that you called people idiots for disagreeing with you here compels me to comment.

[ QUOTE ]

In a two-table SNG, that won't work, because there are too many to wait out, and by then you're down to such a short stack that you're going to have to be all-in, called, and covered 3 or 4 times to get back into the hunt, and the odds of surviving that (even if you're ahead each time) are poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just wrong. These games are beatable and in fact a strong player should dominate in them. In this case it becomes all about playing the player and not your cards. For instance, if a player is continually pushing weak aces (which I think is probably the most common mistake that these types make) then you punish them when you pick up AQ or even A10, you likely have the best hand. If you relax your starting hand requirements slightly and take advantage of the over-aggresiveness of your opponents then you'll find yourself riding a big stack all the way to 1st place pretty often.

It sounds like people are playing in a 30+3 as though it is a 5+.50. A different strategy is required to win but they are certainly beatable. Good NL poker requires adaptation above all else.

[ QUOTE ]

I may also stop posting here for a few weeks, as apparently anything I say is now bait for the idiots who posted below. I'll talk to you in other forums, Al.

[/ QUOTE ]

This bothers me. If some peoples replies concerned you then you should have replied to that person specifically not called everyone who replied to your post an idiot. We are allowed to disagree you know. I know you've been frustrated lately so I won't get on you too much for it, but come on, comments like that add nothing to the forum and just make you look immature.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:56 PM

StageMusic -- this post is really inappropriate and I think you owe Cris an apology. If you disagree with advice that she has posted, respond in the thread containing the advice. Nobody has asked you to watch her play online and criticize her game in general.

With no evidence, you accused Cris of posting advice she knows to be wrong. In my view, such baseless attacks on a person's integrity have no place in this forum.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot this is Kettle...Kettle meet Pot. I believe that I was one of those who supported you in your flame war with William. Now I am an idiot because I dare disagree with the Great Cris? BS!!!