Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Pokertracker/PokerAceHUD/table selection

Forgive a near-noob, as I try to shed some of my fishiness.

I am pretty new to PokerTracker and PokerAceHUD.
Both totally ROCK as y'all know, and I am excited to learn how to use them to improve my game.

My question is: how do y'all use the stats in the PokerACE-HUD lobby window to assist table selection?

In my simple naievity, I simply load/open ten tables on party (2/4 limit), import for a little while, and then plop down (or wait-list) at the table(s) with the highest VP$IP.

To what degree, and in what fashion, should "went to showdown", and "won$ at showdown" be used to guide you to a table?
----My guess is that the higher the former, and the lower the latter, is preferable, but I am not really sure of how else to use these.

Also, as far as deciding WHICH Party tables to even open up and observe, (from Party's lobby to the lobby in the pokeraceHUD):
-I usually go for nearly full(to full) tables, with midrange average pot sizes.
-I usually steer clear of the smaller pot tables (<$20),
-including just few of the largest pot tables (>$33),
-and opening mostly midrange pot tables (~27).

I don't really know why I came up with this pattern. Any thoughts or different strategies.

thanks for the input,
doc
Old 11-13-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker/PokerAceHUD/table selection

I am interested as well.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker/PokerAceHUD/table selection

The best thing I can advise you on is focus on "Seat selection" and not "table selection"..

Just have the maniacs on your right and the tighties on your left so you can reraise/isolate the idiots, as well as stealing from the rocks.

The avg pot size can be through the roof at a given level and all the stats are pointing to the right conditions, it all does absolutely nothing if you arent in the right position to use all of that to your advantage.

As for Went to Showdown and W$@SD, you can infer that the more often a player goes to showdown like if he had something outrageous like 60% you can infer that #1 his Won $ @ Showdown is going to be much lower, and that this player is going to showdown with much weaker and beatable holdings than a normal player. Your middle pairs and even Ace high will be winners more often than you are accustomed to.

I hope this helps, but the #1 thing you can take with you is using Pokertracker and Pokerace to make sure you are giving yourself the best possible chance to win before you even get dealt in a hand at a table.