Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Your WSOP ME Day 1 assignment

I got mine yesterday so I suspect that other Stars qualifiers have also.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

I'm on day 1a (Thursday, July 7).

I'm not exactly thrilled about it since I wanted to watch some of the main-event action before playing...but I'm getting there a few days early anyway and will also play the $3k prelim event on July 1 so I'm assuming I'll be familiar with the scene by then.

It might even be to my advantage...as I'll be playing perhaps against a bunch of people who just got in the night before and will be tired.
The 1b and 1c players will obviously have more time to rest up before playing if they arrive on July 6.

And obviously the 1c guys get no rest before Day 2.

Not only will some of my opponents be less rested but they also won't have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the area (finding the less crowded restrooms if there are any) whereas I get a whole week before day 1a to learn all that stuff.

A lot of players seemed to prefer 1b because it would give them the opportunity to watch the day 1a action....but this also means that all of your opponents obviously have the same advantage.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Your WSOP ME Day 1 assignment

I got 1c...

I also wanted 1b, but I'd rather have 1c than 1a..

Last thing I want is to be short stacked at the end of day 1 and then wait 2 days to go all in on the first few hands, plus I wanted to check out some of the action like you said.

--LoO
Old 06-08-2005, 04:22 AM

Something Dan Harrington pointed out last year was that he was the only 1B player at the final table and he attributed that somewhat to his ultratight style which simply made it less likely he'd make a mistake because the fatigue of 5 or 6 straight days was immense.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:08 AM

i will be playing on friday.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:36 AM

On the Party Poker Millions cruise, the field was divided up into two days intially.

I was soooo happy to play Day 1 as I was ridiculously exhausted after playing 8.5 hours (plus short breaks, etc) on the first day that I needed a day off.

Mark my words: your biggest opponent at the WSOP will be mental exhaustion and if you can't handle the hours and hours of NL poker, you will make one mistake and you will be busted.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:23 AM

What the hell. I qualified on Stars and have not gotten my date yet. Anyone else?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:16 AM

Previous thread here.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got mine yesterday so I suspect that other Stars qualifiers have also.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

I'm on day 1a (Thursday, July 7).

I'm not exactly thrilled about it since I wanted to watch some of the main-event action before playing...but I'm getting there a few days early anyway and will also play the $3k prelim event on July 1 so I'm assuming I'll be familiar with the scene by then.

It might even be to my advantage...as I'll be playing perhaps against a bunch of people who just got in the night before and will be tired.
The 1b and 1c players will obviously have more time to rest up before playing if they arrive on July 6.

And obviously the 1c guys get no rest before Day 2.

Not only will some of my opponents be less rested but they also won't have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the area (finding the less crowded restrooms if there are any) whereas I get a whole week before day 1a to learn all that stuff.

A lot of players seemed to prefer 1b because it would give them the opportunity to watch the day 1a action....but this also means that all of your opponents obviously have the same advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the first day is a tremendous advantage, unless the two day break if you survive makes causes you to get too agressive when you resume. And assuming you don't just get in the night before.

Plus it'll give you plenty of time to gives us your first day trip report!

--Zetack
Old 06-08-2005, 10:35 AM

havent gotten mine yet either...
Old 06-08-2005, 11:04 AM

1A for me as well. Maybe you can give me some chips!