Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 03:11 AM

Default in case I forget what happened on Friday WSOP 1b

It took me about a level to classify all of my opponents. I'm in seat 10.
Seat 1: fairly predictable tight passive old player
Seat 2: minbet/overbet/slow play too much fish who gets knocked out KK against a set, all-in on turn to seat 4. He is replaced by a tight aggressive player.
Seat 3: Weak Empire player who qualified for $6.
Seat 4: Very tight female player who busted seat 2. Curiously no one else at the table seem to notice this and keep giving her action on her good hands. I avoided being in pots with her except I almost always open raised her BB since she didn't defend it.
Seat 5: fish who got knocked out lvl 1 and replaced by another TA/P fish.
Seat 6: tight, but not overly strong
Seat 7: T/A Austrian who reads other players pretty well
Seat 8: T/A Stars hotshot who always open raises my BB.
Seat 9: extremely tight Brit, therefore very predictable.

Lvl 1 (25/50):
I stayed around 10k, picking up pots no one else wanted. End of lvl 1, I overplay JTs, calling a raise from MP3 on the button after c/o calls. Flop J high. I raise his pot bet he calls. Turn brick, and he check calls another 1500. River blank we both check, and he shows AJ. I knew he wasn't thrilled with his hand, but didn't figure out I was beat until he called my turn bet. Down to ~7300.

Lvl 2 (50/100):
I went up and down, finishing a little above 8000. I learned to protect my hand after this incident. It's folded to my SB. I have AKs, and dealer takes my cards, oops.

Lvl 3 (100/200):
I begin to play back at seat 8 who always open raised from the button. The second time I reraised, i flip over 32o. He later tells me he has 73. I figured as much, as he instaraised after looking at his cards. I finally catch a flop next orbit when seat 8 just open calls from c/o. I limp AJ, flop 2 pair. I check call flop, Turn is Q making board double suited. I bet-reraise all-in and he thinks a long time and folds with 4000 left. He later tells me he has a pair and some draws. Soon I win another sizable pot with QQ. Later, woman in seat 4 limps utg, and I raise to 1000 with QQ. Seat 1 reraises to 3200 with 5000 behind. I have about 15k here. I thought a long time here and put my opponent who's been very tight on AA/KK/AK/10% bluff. I don't want to race here and I fold. A big hand takes place at my table. 5-way pot, T92 diamonds. Austrian guy bets 1500, seat 8 calls, Empire guy raises AI, Austrian guy calls, seat 8 apparently doesn't want to gamble and folds 87 of diamonds. Seat 3 cripples seat 7 TT against QQ.
Then, I reraise the Austrian guy with KK and he calls. Now the pot is bigger than his stack. Flop Kxy rainbow. I figure I'm in no hurry and I check behind. Turn T. I don't want to allow a mathematical catastrophe of AQ catching a straight etc. and decide to bet here. A small bet seemed too obvious here so I put him all-in and he folds. A few hands later, i bust seat 8 AA against KK on Q high flop. I end the level with 23k chips.

Lvl 4 (100/200/25):

Strangest thing I've ever seen happened. Seat 8 has been replaced by a wacky government employee in nuclear saftey. He raises, gets reraised by seat 1. Then he goes all-in and flips over AA, citing he wants to incur a 10-minute penalty intentionally. He says he doesn't want to bust and he wants to save seat 1 some money. Of course seat 1 folds KK. WTF?!

I maintain my stack until the following hand. Seat 3 limps. All folds to my SB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] looking to outplay my predictable opps postflop. Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I check call 600. Turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I check raise his 2000 bet to 5000. He calls. River Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] yuck. I check fold to his 5000 bet which was half his remaining stack. I overhear him whisper to seat 4 that he has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], duh. On the turn I felt like if I bet he'd just call, but if I check since he's not so good postflop he could make the mistake of not taking the free card. I gave him 3:1 pot odds (maybe too good) when he has 7 outs on the turn. This knocks me down to 15k. Another notable hand this lvl was when I raise LP A4 to 600, seat 1 reraises to 2000. I put him on mid pair. I thought a while and I decide to show the table that I will call reraises. I have 2:1 pot odds here with antes, planning to flop an ace, and convince him I don't have one to justify my call. Flop Q43 I check quickly. He instapushes. I go into the tank and thought about calling. About two minutes later I pick up a tell that he does not call a clock. He has been disgusted with my deliberate play all night (he called a clock on me before I folded the 83 hand on the river). I realize that I'm probably on 5- outs and fold. I end the lvl I think around 15k.

Lvl 5 and 6 (150/300/25, 200/400/50): No cards to play here, and seat 1 and 2 started pushing after my LP steals, so I had to adjust. I go up and down, ending at 14k.

Lvl 7 (250/500/50):
I'm exhausted by now and finally do something stupid during the first circuit. Seat 7 has been replaced by an unpredictable, strong Argentinian who smells out weakness well. First I make the questionable decision to raise utg w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. This in itself isn't bad, but given the table reraises often and I'm OOP against LAG seat 7 makes it dubious. Button calls, flop 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I pick up a tell that he has a strong hand. I should realize that with my stack i can't make him fold, so I should just give up. Instead I ignore my tell and bet 2000, and he calls. Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Inexplicably I bet 3000 again, and he raises AI. Basically I bluffed away half of my stack. Fortunately 3 hands later on the button, seat 3 raises to 1500, seat 7 calls, I push my last 6000 or so with QQ and double up against seat 3's 99. I survive day 1 with 18650 chips.

I'm playing on table 28, seat 7 on Sunday. Best of luck to all 2+2ers remaining.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: in case I forget what happened on Friday WSOP 1b

[ QUOTE ]
Strangest thing I've ever seen happened. Seat 8 has been replaced by a wacky government employee in nuclear saftey. He raises, gets reraised by seat 1. Then he goes all-in and flips over AA, citing he wants to incur a 10-minute penalty intentionally. He says he doesn't want to bust and he wants to save seat 1 some money. Of course seat 1 folds KK. WTF?!

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is getting a christmas card from seat 1. What a nice guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is getting a christmas card from seat 1. What a nice guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought your hand was dead if you deliberately expose it during play?
Old 07-11-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought your hand was dead if you deliberately expose it during play?

[/ QUOTE ]
At WSOP, your hand is not dead until it hits the muck. Instead it counts as a rule violation and you get a 10-minute penalty.

I busted lvl 8 today, blinds 300/600/75. I had a steal attempt go south. Then, when down to 8500 chips, I reraise a frequent raiser AI after he raised to 2000. I have A7, he flips over KJ, and I lost.