Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Question for people using notebook for dual monitors

[ QUOTE ]
People are more helpful if they don't have to answer trivially easy questions. Please play nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm convinced of my former opinion.

1.) I know VERY little about computers.

A.) Therefore, how would I be able to identify a "trivially easy question"

2.) If I should just google everything, why host a "Computer Technical Help" forum? I looked at EVERY single thread in this forum before I asked, and found none. Is there an FAQ in progress or something? I'm just curious, how am I supposed to know what TO and what NOT TO post in here for future reference (because there will be more questions and I'd hate to continue posting "trivially easy questions" in the "Computer Technical Help" forum")?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:18 AM

Everyone needs to chill a bit.

jrbick, the first time I saw this thread is when you bumped it, with the "helpful forum" follow-up. I was tempted to make the same kind of response that MyMindIsGoing did, but I refrained for two reasons:

1) jrbick waited a considerable amount of time to post a follow-up
2) jrbick's post history shows responses to other threads and contributions to the forums

MyMindIsGoing spoke a little harshly. However, MyMindIsGoing provides a lot of help here. From what I've seen that help is always concise, clear, and free of derision. I believe that the harsh reply was a knee-jerk reaction.

Perhaps you, too, jrbick, might not take too kindly to someone posting a sarcastic remark about the help available in the heads up forum.

The fact is that threads sometimes go unnoticed. I will see the same question asked one day and get no responses, and other days start a topic that spawns a dozen good replies.

A bump with a less sarcastic tone would not have attracted rancor.

And for everyone else, let's try to save the knee-jerk reactions for OOT.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone needs to chill a bit.

jrbick, the first time I saw this thread is when you bumped it, with the "helpful forum" follow-up. I was tempted to make the same kind of response that MyMindIsGoing did, but I refrained for two reasons:

1) jrbick waited a considerable amount of time to post a follow-up
2) jrbick's post history shows responses to other threads and contributions to the forums

MyMindIsGoing spoke a little harshly. However, MyMindIsGoing provides a lot of help here. From what I've seen that help is always concise, clear, and free of derision. I believe that the harsh reply was a knee-jerk reaction.

Perhaps you, too, jrbick, might not take too kindly to someone posting a sarcastic remark about the help available in the heads up forum.

The fact is that threads sometimes go unnoticed. I will see the same question asked one day and get no responses, and other days start a topic that spawns a dozen good replies.

A bump with a less sarcastic tone would not have attracted rancor.

And for everyone else, let's try to save the knee-jerk reactions for OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said and I concur.

I apologize, especially to MyMindIsGoing if any offense was delivered on my behalf with my sarcastic remarks. I was intending it to be more of a "creative" "bump," but I can see that sarcasm in print looks awfully abrasive.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok i have it connected now...and im just getting a mirror image of the laptops screen...with no apparent way to change it in the settings. What now?

[/ QUOTE ]

right click on your desktop and click properties then go into settings and then there should be a check box that says Extend My Windows Desktop to this Screen" check that box on the screen you want extended.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:17 AM

OK, sorry. here, read this if you would like to understand why we get our panties in a bunch sometimes.