Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 03:30 PM

Default Boycott eLROY!

After reading too many of eLROY's posts, I have decided that I will not read or respond to them anymore. Maybe those of you with good intentions think that you can sway him with your thoughtful posts. Don't kid yourselves. This is a closed-minded individual who will take his hateful thoughts with him to his death-bed. If we ignore him, he will go away.
Old 07-19-2002, 03:42 PM

Default thats your \"attitude\" toward white male racists [img]/images/wink.gif[/img] *NM*

Old 07-19-2002, 04:09 PM

Default keep eLROY

That's right, when YOU don't like people's ideas, they should not be heard.

one of your posts :

"eLROY...the true terrorist. *NM* ("

Why is this better than anything he has posted?

As impolite as eLROY is, there is some logic to most of his posts. It may not be conventional, and many here do not agree with his ideas. But they create discussion, and make people think. Occasionally, there is something truly interesting. On the other hand, your posts seem to be very politically correct and without proofs. They are written with the assumption that you are the enlightened, and everyone knows exactly what you mean in your single sentence because, of course, all sensible people are in your "club". If you wish to be closed-minded and neglect to consider issues because you fear you may come to a conclusion that does not conform with society's opinions of right and wrong, so be it. However, leave those of us who wish to address "tough" issues out of your quest for ignorance. eLROY may not be my roll model, but he has made me think on numerous occasions, even with his namecalling, etc... Remember the idea is not necessarily to sway eLROY, it may be to improve ourselves.

-Glenn

Old 07-19-2002, 05:05 PM

Default Bravo, Glenn..Very articulated post.. *NM*

Old 07-19-2002, 05:12 PM

Default Good answer Glenn. \"keep eLROY\" nm

nm
Old 07-19-2002, 05:56 PM

Default Great Post Glenn......

....the 'new Guys' of the world go through life thinking they are too cool for the rest of us. They have all the answers.

Further, I mostly agree with eLROY and will be behind his posts, respond to his post if, fo no other reason, than to say a loud eff-you to the New Guys, the Cyruses, the Chris Algers, the pompous, arrogant "elite" of this world. Props to eLROY!
Old 07-19-2002, 06:28 PM

Default Agree

I certainly don't agree with everythin eLROY posts (understatement), but he does strike me as someone who understands what he believes in and why. This puts him way ahead of most of the smug, politicly correct liberals.
Old 07-19-2002, 06:36 PM

Default keep Glenn, keep eLROY

right on, Glenn. New Guy has every right to 'boycott' elroy (though there is nothing to buy or sell here, so i don't see the relevance of the term). it sucks how sheltered we need to be to feel enlightened. i'd rather be exposed to all the crap out there, and sift through it for the gems than to close myself off to it and feel like i've found the be-all-end-all and feel righteous for it.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:29 PM

Default Response

First of all, the use of the word "boycott" was done tongue-in-cheek. The fact that you knew what I meant but still had to address it says something about your priorities.

Second, how did you come to the conclusion that I lead a sheltered existence? I've travelled a great deal and have been in contact with people of all different ethnic, racial, religious and socio-economic backgrounds. I have formulated my personal ideals directly from my personal experience.

Thirdly, why would anyone wish to expose oneself to crap? Once you recognize it is crap, flush it! This world has its share of hate-mongers, and I see no reason to subject oneself to their rantings. If they have rational arguments, I will gladly listen. If they spout hate, I will not.

Fourth, I've been accused of being polically correct. To the accusers: Thank you. I also believe my views to be correct.

Fifth, before you jump on the eLROY bandwagon, I advise you to check and see who else is on board. Dr. Wogga, one of eLROY's greatest supporters, recently made a post with blantant racial slurs. What is the benefit of exposing oneself to such hateful banter? It goes against the laws of nature to hang around something that stinks.

Lastly, boycott eLROY and his hateful cronies!
Old 07-19-2002, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Ban eLROY

Malmuth won't do it. He only bans people opposed to terrorists, pro-Americans, and people who know that internet poker sites are run by criminals.