Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 02:24 AM

Default how many tables?

I normally play SNG but played ring to clear a bonus. I played 4 tables at once (full ring) and found it pretty comfortable, mostly because I was just folding.

While this cleared my bonus and I ended up with some change... I find 6 max much more exciting. How many tables are you 6 maxers playing at once? I played 2 at once and I can say that my game was suffering bit.

Is the skill level very different at the low stakes levels? Is it more profitable to just go up a level instead of adding more tables? Just to let everyone know where I'm at... I took a stab at the 200 6max and got my ass handed to me.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: how many tables?

There's been a million good posts on this subject; try searching for them.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:30 AM

I used to play 11 6 max tables at once on one monitor. Believe it or not, this is suboptimal. I stopped after I timed out with the nuts on the river in a large pot. I play 6-8 full ring now. There's my contribution.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:40 AM

3 tables SH is doable.

To be honest, I prefer 3 full and one short, or 2 full and one short if any tricky players laggin it up on my full tables.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:11 AM

I have played 4 tables of 6-max for the past year or so (YEAH PRETTY LONG SESSION HA LOL BEFORE ANYONE ELSE MAKES THIS JOKE). I'm thinking of going to 6 or 8 soon. I think it really depends on what kind of person you are though; I can't focus for long periods of time, but I can spaz through 4 tables and click away at the internet with no problem for up to 2 hours. Other people can sit and plug away for 6 hours at a time, and end up playing way more hands than I do, and probably make more money.

It's definitely more profitable to go up a level than to just keep adding tables. One table of 10/20 is a lot better than 20 tables of .10/.25.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:33 AM

I either play 4 tables full ring or 3 tables SH.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:39 AM

Eight 6 max tables is doable with a bit of minimal timing out on one table. Four 6max and four full ring is easily manageable.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Just ONE

I can only manage to play one table at a time. I know I am in the minority (of maybe 1%) from what I read on here, but my win-rate is pretty good, so who cares?!

Just go with what feels comfortable.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Just ONE

[ QUOTE ]
I can only manage to play one table at a time. I know I am in the minority (of maybe 1%) from what I read on here, but my win-rate is pretty good, so who cares?!

Just go with what feels comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too 1-table as well. 6-max NL only and for as high stakes as possible for my bankroll.

I think that's the best way to get a better player.

I also analyze A lot, during the game and while playing.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:45 AM

Anywhere from 3 to 5 SH tables at a time, it just depends on how many hands per hour are being dealt on each table.

And a lot of times I'll play one SnG tourney with two SH cash games running until the tourney gets down to about 5 people.