Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 01:44 AM

Default What should my next gun be?

I do not have a rifle. I really need to fill this gap in my firearm arsenal. I was thinking of getting a .22 caliber just for plunking, any recommendations on this front? Henry makes a classic style .22 that I have looked at on their website but it is expensive for a small caliber. Marlin makes some cheaper .22’s that may be good enough.

I also need to get an Assault Rifle. One with a monster clip of say 50 rounds, bayonet mount, grenade launcher capabilities, and with ammo that is NATO compatible. Any suggestions?

-Zeno
Old 11-23-2004, 01:46 AM

Default Re: What should my next gun be?

I don't think Captain Harris will let you carry any of those, Tackleberry.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:50 AM

I'd get the sniper or the rocket launcher. I guess it depends if you plan on attacking a single dude from a long distance or a few guys comin at you in a Jeep.

Wait...you are talking about Halo aren't you?
Old 11-23-2004, 01:57 AM

HK G36 or the
XM8 which is the transforming assualt rifle. It turns into a carbine, sniper, assualt.....

and

Old 11-23-2004, 02:12 AM

22 calibre rifles are a lot of extremely inexpensive fun. You can shoot all day for next to nothing. I'd highly recommend one. Probably the most all-around useful rifle there is.

Marlin's are often very cheap. I'd recommend looking up gun reviews and seeing what they say about out of the box accuracy. A big part of the fun of a .22 is how accurate you can be -- it's not like you're going for awesome power.

I don't really know what's out there on the market these days, but I do remember I think it's Kimber that makes excellent, very accurate .22 rifles. They used to be extremely expensive and have a long waiting list, but I read an article on one of them a couple years ago and apparently they are also making much less costly models now that are still very good. One of those might be a very good investment.

If you like plinking, how about considering a .22 pistol, too? Ruger makes very popular and high quality .22 LR pistols. Some are specially designed as target pistols, but even their regular ones have an excellent reputation for accuracy and durability. And they come in all kinds of barrel lengths and thicknesses, etc.

Oh, what's that dang gun called too, I've always thought one would be a gas to own -- it's a pistol you can put barrels for rifle cartridges on, as well as pistol cartridges - single shot and very accurate. Probably gun nuts more current than I am could remember what those are. One of those, and a bunch of different barrels, would be fun for target shooting.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:19 AM

Black to Blue Alias Intimadator
Halo B with rip-drive
68/4500 Crossfire
Old 11-23-2004, 02:29 AM

i used to love my remington nylon 66 22. they dont make them anymore i think but thats what i would want. but for plinking i would get one of the new pellet or 17cal guns. they shoot 1000fps or more and are just as accurate. but much less distance. and noise. i have the ruger pisol and its fine as well as an old browning challenger or medallion target pistol. and a small beretta bobcat 22. oh and a derringer 22 mag. oh and some other thing i cant remember what it is in 22.
for an assalt rifle unless you are a nut. a ruger mini 14 is the classic and still tops for anything other than all out war on the aliens curently infiltrating the world from spri- 83. you can have fun dressing the little doll up as you want from cabela's.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Ruger 10/22...Great gun...nm

nm
Old 11-23-2004, 11:20 AM

Default I agree with Jake

Ruger 10/22 is a great .22 rifle plinker.
I have a 50 round clip for mine, so it is actually a 50/22.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:16 PM

I liked your suggestion:

Mini-14

Mini-14 Ranch Rifle

Carbine

Mini-Thirty

I need to go check out some things at the local gun store, get some more info, look at all the dodads from my Cabelas Fall Master Catalog, and then make a choice.

Now, about the proper scope....

-Zeno