Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Feasible or just stupid?

Next spring, from march 18th to the 25th, a big group (34) of my good friends from high school have planned a SICK spring break in Acapulco. It would be very depressing to miss. The problem is that my spring break next year will be the 5th to the 12th.

I am currently finishing my AA at community college this semester. During the spring semester I will be attending either Florida State or Florida Atlantic. My community college is one of the best in the nation and I know missing a week of school there would be no problem at all. But, I have never attended "real" college and I have no idea how hard or stupid that would be to do.

OOT let me know what you think. If any of you attends or attended FSU/FAU your advice would be spectacular.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Feasible or just stupid?

fly down on saturday, leave tueday, get back to class on wednesday. Seems feasible to me, plus you won't waste as much money. Also, the first weekend will be the best.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:42 AM

a lot will depend on your specific classes. Missing labs will suck (making up labs is sometimes impossible). Just make sure you get good notes and you should be fine. I can't imagine that you'd miss THAT much.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:44 AM

I just graduated from FSU, and my guess would be that you would have a good chance of getting away with it if you didn't have any exams that week. Some professors require attendance and some don't, so you might want to do some research on that before hand. FWIW,I went to class, on average, 40% of the time my last two years.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Feasible or just stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh...one vote for stupid, IllusionS
Old 08-18-2005, 02:33 AM

My parents seem to agree with you Zoom, but I'm not convinced yet. I'm a business major and the classes are just too easy (so far atleast). I don't see how one week would affect anything. Hell, I've nearly missed an entire week in past semesters just skippin class for no reason.

To anyone who went from community college to "real" college, whats the difference in difficulty?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:42 AM

if it aint midterms, theres no reason you should even consider skipping this trip. thats all there is to it. any further contemplation is pointless.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:08 AM

In general, you should be able to skip that week of class without too much trouble. Just try and get a little ahead before you leave and catch up quick after you get back and you'll be fine, assuming you don't miss anything that you can't make up (exams).