Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Kubrick\'s The Shining

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going toi add the Lord of the Rings trilogy more for the extended versions though, for a lover of the book they left a lot out and the firxst time I watched each film there were bits that pissed me off that either were included or missed out but on rewatching they are good films.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I walked out of TTT very upset. All was redeemed with the extended box. Very, very well done. One of the few, if not only, DVD's where I actually listened to the commentary track(s).
Old 09-15-2005, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, when was the last time you saw a movie and said "Man, that sure was every bit as good as the book."

[/ QUOTE ]
I read the novel, "Back to the Future II", and the movie was seriously just as good as the book. Zemeckis is a great director.

The saddest part about this post is I actually read the novel, "Back to the Future II." All 251 pages.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going toi add the Lord of the Rings trilogy more for the extended versions though, for a lover of the book they left a lot out and the firxst time I watched each film there were bits that pissed me off that either were included or missed out but on rewatching they are good films.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I walked out of TTT very upset. All was redeemed with the extended box. Very, very well done. One of the few, if not only, DVD's where I actually listened to the commentary track(s).

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are morons, do you realize each LOTR movie would have to be like 6 hours long to do COMPLETE justice to the book. Who gives a [censored] if they forgot key elements from the book. I would not be surprised if 1 of every 2 (or higher) ppl that watched LOTR did not read the book, of course it has to be "made for hollywood" or w/e you fgts wanna say.

once again, very few book to movie transformations are going to please everyone. there are exceptions, but let's remember one thing, your imagination has no limits, unfortunately most movies have limits, and sadly, the film-makers cannot read and please the minds of you [censored] retards.

go jump off a 2-story building
Old 09-15-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harsh..
Old 09-15-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are morons, do you realize each LOTR movie would have to be like 6 hours long to do COMPLETE justice to the book. Who gives a [censored] if they forgot key elements from the book. I would not be surprised if 1 of every 2 (or higher) ppl that watched LOTR did not read the book, of course it has to be "made for hollywood" or w/e you fgts wanna say.

once again, very few book to movie transformations are going to please everyone. there are exceptions, but let's remember one thing, your imagination has no limits, unfortunately most movies have limits, and sadly, the film-makers cannot read and please the minds of you [censored] retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the [censored] posts? What is your problem? Run out of palm lube last night? Jeebus.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:57 AM

oh wait, i was supposed to read the posts?
Old 09-15-2005, 06:25 AM

One criticism I've heard of The Shining movie is that Jack Nicholson seemed crazy the whole time (partially due to the fact that he was well-known for his role in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest). The whole point of the book is that he is driven to insanity- if he starts off crazy it loses the effect.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh wait, i was supposed to read the posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a bitch. You should take the gas pipe. Seriously.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One criticism I've heard of The Shining movie is that Jack Nicholson seemed crazy the whole time (partially due to the fact that he was well-known for his role in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest). The whole point of the book is that he is driven to insanity- if he starts off crazy it loses the effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is the one aspect of the movie I dislike. Jack doesn't do a good job of showing a transformation.

Still a great movie, however.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, when was the last time you saw a movie and said "Man, that sure was every bit as good as the book."

[/ QUOTE ]

anything by Tom Clancy.