Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2005, 07:21 AM

Default UK Poker boom update

Apologies if this belongs in a different forum, but I consider this home.

Poker in the UK is still a niche market, and obviously doesnt have the benefit of a place in our cultural history, but I am very hopeful and increasingly confident it is about to explode into the mainstream.

Two more indications of the increase in interest. First in the magazine section of the Observer (a heavyweight national Sunday newspaper) this weekend there was a feature on Pacific Poker, which included the stat that there had been a sixfold increase of people playing online in the UK over the last 12 months.

And secondly I have just taken a call at work(supply chain managment) from a client who foolishly mentioned the phrase Poker Channel. He got me off the phone 30 mins later, but basically we are getting a new dedicated cable channel for poker starting March 23rd [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hold on to your hats, the UK is going to go boom,(with the added benefit that hopefully I wont have to stay up till 4am so much for the best games)