Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Legends WPT Program

did anyone think that Paul had some of the worst poker etiquette ever?
I really did not like him, I mean he made the final table which shows he is good, but he did not look it at the final table.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:00 PM

I know that it's "bad etiquette" to verbally state your hand, and some tournament directors will even claim that it's a dead hand. Head's up, however, I don't get this. I can understand when there are other players left (even if they are not in the hand) that this can influence the outcome and thus effect a 3rd player, but when it's the final two why can't you verbally state your hand, or even show one card to an opponent to try and elicit a reaction. I think it makes it more interesting. Who is it hurting?
Old 02-05-2004, 02:05 PM

well not just that, what about him showing his bluff to the entire audience? that is a slap in the face, so I liked it when Mel did it to him later.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:46 PM

I sat through it twice, but was playing online at the same time, and so only absorbed a bit of it. From what I saw, TJ played his ass off and the deck just kept kicking him in the teeth. I remember when I first saw TJ, I didn't like him (he seemed really gruff and arrogant). After seeing more of him and reading "Positively 5th Street", he has become one of my many favorites to watch. The guy is a damned good player, and is always graceful when he (inevitably, it seems) gets knocked out.

Maybe karma will send a bracelet his way come May. Lord knows the man deserves one.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:55 PM

Like a lot of you, I really wish TJ had won. He played outstandingly. He absolutely outplayed "Dotcom." I enjoyed having the chance to watch TJ play at length, and learned an awful lot just from watching him.

Kinli, who thinks the world outght to look out, cuz she's learning. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]