Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Popped my cherry. Foxwoods trip report.

This could also be titled getting your ass handed to you at 2-4 hold em.

Got to Foxwoods about 8 on Sunday and put my name on the board. I was in the 3rd column. Doh! Well off with the wife to kill time playing slots. I lost my Wampum card since the last trip so I had to get a replacement. I forgot all about it when I sat for poker. Can you get points for poker play? Anyway the slots weren't being friendly on Sunday.

After a 3 hour wait it was time to sit in for my first live poker. I was nervous as hell and just prayed I didn't do anything stupid. The table was pretty quiet, not much conversation. I played pretty poorly and didn't get much help from the cards. I was just happy I never bet or folded out of turn. I was pretty calm just going with the flow, played hands I knew I shouldn't but it was pretty loose. Then about an hour in I got AA in the CO and felt my face flush, real subtle. It came to me unraised as I raised my hand was shaking. I'm so ready for next years WSOP. CO 3 bet and 5 cold called the 2 bets. I capped and it was 7 to the flop. I didn't feel so good about my AA anymore. Ended up losing to the guy to my right who made his straight with 9 5.

Played a couple more orbits and decided to call it a night. Played an hour and a half or so. No pots won and down $55. Oh well it was good to get it under my belt. When I go back for a conference with work in Oct. maybe I'll get to drag a pot. Thanks for reading my boring post.