Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2004, 10:06 AM

Default Re: How are you suppressing the black vote in your neck of the woods?

Zeno,

Well based on the findings of the US Civil Rights Commission vis a vis the 2000 election in Florida, I recommend the following steps:

1)Live in a county (remember the county controls the ballot preparation and voting procedures in my home state [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) controlled by Democrats. The USCCR found that that 24 of the 25 counties with the highest spoilage rates were controlled by Democrats. (Number 25 was run by an Independent [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

2) Pretend to be a white guy. Whites were actually twice as likely to be placed on the felon purge list than blacks.

3) Be a convicted felon. Turns out the biggest problem with the felon purge list is that it allowed ineligible individuals to vote, that by Florida law, shouldnt have been allowed to vote. The number given is about 6,500.

4) Probably the best thing to do is make everyone who you want suppressed Hispanic vice Black. Three violations of the Voting Rights Act were found in Florida. There are indications some poll workers were hostile towards Hispanics, bilingual assistance wasnt provided to two Haitian voters, and some other Hispanic voters were denied bilingual assistance as well. Make sure you do this only if you are in Democratically controlled county. These events didnt happen in Republican counties.

There you have it, an easy 4 step guide to suppressing the black vote.

Chris
Old 09-13-2004, 11:17 AM

We can suppress the black vote by only bussing in white drunks and bums (ooops I mean "homeless people")and bribing them with $5 or a six pack to vote Republican. I know the bussing thing is a leftie idea from 2000, but it worked for them...
Old 09-13-2004, 11:52 AM

I too have always wondered why it is that this "black vote suppression" occurs in juridisdictions controlled by Dems but Rs get blamed for it.

But, don't you know that it is racist to use facts and logic to rebut allegations of Republican racism? Cut it out!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:55 AM

Unfortunately, it is not a humorous situation. The Republican Party is continually defamed with no facts or logic to support the accusations.

These heavily black districts subject to "vote suppression" are politically controlled by ... Democrats!

Yet, Republicans get the blame for the alleged suppression.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:06 PM

Default Now Where Would Democrats Get That Idea?

In case you forgot, Ed Rollins himself admitted to paying off leaders of black churches to supress the black vote in Christine Todd Whitman's first run for Governor of New Jersey.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:17 PM

appologies

probably should have waited for a few responces before wading in . . . but was so taken aback when I read the header that I didn't think for a minute that this may be an actual topic of debate in Presidential races.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] busguy