Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2005, 07:41 PM

Default O/b 5+rebuys stars tournament hand

(x-posted in MTT)
I'm a pretty horrid O8 player and an even worse MTT player. My major difficulty in this hand is the fact that I should have never been involved, but at the same time once I was involved I find it hard to deal with. Anyways, here it goes...

It is just after the third break and the we have just reached the money. 18 get paid and 18 are left. There is no pay increase until 9th place. Stakes are 4k/8k (making the SB 2k).

Villian in the CO has 35k and has just joined the table, I have 28k

BB had 500 and is all in. Folded to Villian who raises, making it 8000 to go. The button calls all-in for about 3k.

Hero is in the SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The pot has about 13500 in it. I thought maybe the Villian was on a steal with anything, so I figured that I was getting about 2:1 and I thought that I may be able to get all the money in if I hit something. I call and we take the flop.

Flop has about 20k in the pot and comes down 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, villian raises. I pause for a minute and decide my hand is best. I have about 16k behind me, facing 4k. I raise and Villian calls.

Turn comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I put 8k in (leaving me with like 400) and Villian calls.

River hits A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and my last 400 goes in.

Thoughts???