Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Video card question with 2 monitors

Hi.....I would like to know what the minimum video card is that I need in order to have 2 monitors connected to my desktop?.....

I just bought a Dell Dimension 3000 desktop as well as 2 Dell 2001fp monitors........I read the excellent post recommending these items so that I can play 8 games at once....

My Question is what kind of video card do I need and what kind of cables do I need?.......I would like to buy these additional items ASAP so that when my computer and monitor arrives I will have everything I need.......

Do I just need a video card with dual DVI?.....is that it?.....and if so, what brand and what size do I need(128k or 256k) or bigger or smaller?.......What kind of cables?.......

Anything else that I need?.......I am excited and I just dont want to be disappointed when my computer gets here that I wont be able to set it up properly and that I wont have everything I need.......

Any suggestions and any and all help is welcomed and greatly appreciated........

Thank you,

Lisa
Old 07-26-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Video card question with 2 monitors

newegg.com has a whole bunch (111 to be exact). Mine isn't dual DVI, so I can't help there, but I did buy my card from them.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:13 AM

Hi Nate.......

Thank you for the reply.......I went to the Newegg site and will probably buy it from them, but I just dont know what to buy......

Anyone have a recommendation on what kind of Dual DVI video card to buy?.....what brand and size?.....

I would appreciate any help......

Thank you,

Lisa
Old 07-27-2005, 08:54 PM

This card looks like what you might want. You need to know if you have a PCI / PCI Express / or AGP slot. This card is dual DVI for a PCI Express slot. This particular one is refurbished, but I didn't look around very long before linking it here.