Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Re: WRONG

If the players started attacking political protesters or streakers coming onto the field, you'd see more of them coming onto the field, not fewer.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Re: WRONG

It's a fist fight. It's not like there were people taking eachother apart with chainsaws or something. Some random people that nobody here even knows get in a fist fight on tv and there's all sorts of outrage over it? Some people just take things WAY too seriously. These incidents happen every once in a while, and usually they are pretty funny. I haven't watched a regular season NBA game in years, but I watched the replay of this one on ESPN. An instant classic.
I used to have a video called "The Best Sports Brawls" or something along those lines. Very entertaining.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:27 PM

Default Re: The Suspensions

Those of you who think the players were out of line are pacifist pussies. There is no excuse for throwing things at players, or for going on the court/field, no excuse. Artest did not punch the nerdy white guy, he grabbed him. Fans started attacking Artest, and Artest and Jackson defended themselves. None of these players tackled a fan and beat the [censored] out of them. Every video I have seen shows a player punching a fan once(which looks like the actions of someone defending themselves). The fans were the ones taking multiple swings at the players, the fans were the ones throwing things at the players, the fans are the ones that went out on the court.

All the blame lands squarely on the shoulders of the fans.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:43 PM

Lol. Jackson was defending himself? Punching people who throw a drink at you is perfectly acceptable behavior? Athletes should run into the stands when they don't like what the fans are doing? Ok.............
Old 11-21-2004, 06:45 PM

no, it looked to me like Jackson went into the stands to get Artest, but then saw someone approaching Artest ready to do something to him. Jackson responded by punching the guy.