Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2004, 02:19 AM

Default 2+2 and Cardplayer

Mason wrote: [ QUOTE ]
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC has ended our relationship with Card Player magazine and all affiliates of Card Player. We intend to keep this separation permanent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will we ever here the story why?

Also, did Mason ever post the results to his hand to talk about where he had the king-high flush?
Old 05-20-2004, 11:10 AM

Default Re: 2+2 and Cardplayer

I don't know about 2+2 and Cardplayer.

As for Mason's hand, Clarkmeister apparently ran into Mason at the Golden Nugget and Clark was able to get out of him that his opponent held AT for the nut straight so Mason's hand was good. There was no mention of suits. Clark posted this info towards the end of the original thread if you want to do a search.

Luke
Old 05-20-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: 2+2 and Cardplayer

Thanks Luke. I've been in and out of town as of late, so I was afraid I might have missed it.

Guess Mason doesn't want to fill us in on the kerfuffle with Cardplayer.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:40 PM

Default 1/2 the story.

I cannot remember exactly but i think it came about when a friend of mason's posted an encounter he had with Barry Sherman (i think thats his name...i don't remember and its why i posted it as "1/2 the story") while playing poker.

barry apparantly referred to mason as "an idiot" or some such nonsense.

this may be the straw but there is a lot piled on the camels back and i'm not sure how far back it goes but it seems like a mariana trench type wound.

-Barron
Old 05-20-2004, 02:43 PM

Default Re: 1/2 the story. the WHOLE story is called \"Barry Shulman\" lol n/m

Old 05-20-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Re: 1/2 the story.

That's exactly why I ask. It sounds to me like Shulman was mad at Mason for something, possibly because 2+2 ended its affiliation with Cardplayer.

The story will get out eventually, so I thought it might be in Mason's best interest to tell us his side now.

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot remember exactly but i think it came about when a friend of mason's posted an encounter he had with Barry Sherman (i think thats his name...i don't remember and its why i posted it as "1/2 the story") while playing poker.

this may be the straw but there is a lot piled on the camels back and i'm not sure how far back it goes but it seems like a mariana trench type wound.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2004, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's exactly why I ask. It sounds to me like Shulman was mad at Mason for something, possibly because 2+2 ended its affiliation with Cardplayer.

The story will get out eventually, so I thought it might be in Mason's best interest to tell us his side now.

[ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, i think anyone who charges $100/year for a magazine subscription could possibly be called the idiot. you're supposed to make money off the advertising. advertisers buy ad space bbased on readership (is this a word?). charging a lot and cutting down on the number of cardrooms you supply does not ad to the number of readers.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:33 PM

It's really none of our business.

Curiosity killed the cat remember.

Husker

On anothere note, I read an article regarding the Shulman's and how they are hoping to expand their subscriptions to somehwere in the 300,000 range over the next year.(3000% increase over the 10K current subscribers) [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] It was also reported from the horses mouth that the annual subscription price would fall in the $39.95 range.This was all mentioned in an article on pokerpages.com (I think) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].....something under the title of ,"Riding the wave of the Poker Boom" yada, yada, yada.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:55 PM

And yet last time I checked, you can access any article you want, online. Why would someone pay $100/yr. for a subscription if you can get it online for free?
Old 05-20-2004, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And yet last time I checked, you can access any article you want, online. Why would someone pay $100/yr. for a subscription if you can get it online for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

because i can't take my computer in the bathroom with me when i need to take a dump.