Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2003, 03:36 PM

Default Re: 100/200 pokerstars hand

I've never played this high.

Notice that he can't have KJs based on your hand and the board.

Case 1: I'll assume he would not defend with KJo. That leaves him w/ AA (6) or 66 (3) or KK (3), and 66 seems more likely from the preflop action. So I'd raise once more, after which, its time to be happy if he's going off w/ 66 -- because there are a lot of hands that beat 66 that he should consider.

Case 2: On the other hand, if he will defend with KJo, then he probably doesn't even see the 6, and he believes you need one of exactly 2 hands, KK or JJ. This makes it an easy raise on the river, and makes a cap worthy of consideration. If the guy has 66, there's a lot of hands that can beat him, so you'd think he might slow down on the river -- but if he has KJ, there aren't many that beat him.

The thing about the above that is unaccounted for is MP. If we could but him on a hand, say AcTc, then that drastically reduces the chances BB has AA which is a cause for concern. If he might have had KcQc (or K plus flush draw), then that goes the other way...

The thing about his turn cap -- is that it is a cap. I'm sometimes more likely to cap then 3-bet, knowing that I'm risking one with the possible worse hand instead of 2.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:23 PM

It looks like he's got one of two things, either two pair or trips. Now whether he has a smaller set or KKK is not clear, but he is trying to sell you on KKK when he caps. If you don't believe him, pop it on the river. If you think he might have KKK, just call his bet. If you DO pop it and he pops you back, just call and hope he's just playing a worse hand aggressively.

[ QUOTE ]
BB is a good, agressiv and sometimes tricky player

[/ QUOTE ]

After your "don't play the player" post I find myself laughing that you included this. However, if he's a GOOD player he probably doesn't have KKK. (LOL) Adjust your play accordingly! Or you could just check "the book."

al
Old 12-23-2003, 06:56 PM

hi serge
i don't know. that BB is a very good. he is putting you on a set. the question is; was his turn cap a play to stop you from raising him on the river? do you steal-raise from the button?

serge, you'll have to raise him. he has KJ and is putting you on KJ or AJ or a set. he doesn't know enough about your holding to slow down, but he doesn't like your raises that much either. in my opinion, you should raise the river, but serge, i'm not sure about this.

if you had come in from MP, then you should probably call. good post. this post clearly shows the difference between 10-20 and high stakes. i can't say with certainty though what i'd do. for me, this is tantamount to going all in in a no limit game. i'd a been all-in on the flop here.....lol.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:15 PM

have to think you are ahead...I am not inclined to put someone on the only combination of a pocket pair that beats me...if it is, then it's a bad spot. I raise....and 90% of the time I extract one extra bet, 5% he folds, and probably 5% or less he reraises with KK costing me 2 extra bets.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:02 PM

This is not close - raise and reraise/cap if possible. You should do this well, about 100% of the time you find yourself in this situation.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:12 PM

You appear to be the only sane poster in this thread Tom. The guy has KK or 66 so it is a clear call.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:20 PM

Default correct as usual king friday! dont bothr reading any other replies n/m

Old 12-23-2003, 10:18 PM

Get you own lines. "If he has XX, good for him" has been patented by me already.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:28 PM

This post is trivial and you either want to demonstrate how obvoius a lot of poker dessicions are or you'll post that you just called and was shown KK, so you can demonstrate your superior poker skills to the world.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:19 AM

Get you own lines. "If he has XX, good for him" has been patented by me already.

Is that a fact? Does your patent predate this:

Really old thread that I wasted time looking up

You can stuff your patents in a sack mister!

Cup