Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2005, 12:57 AM

Default QJo headsup

Unfortunately I couldn't get complete hand history data due to connection problems so I'll try to type this out the best that I can. I also just sat down on this hand and the Villian is a complete unknown, so no reads. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Party 1/2 Full
I'm BB dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Everyone folds to Villian who limps and the rest fold to me. I check.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> I bet. Villian raises.</font> I call.
With a gutshot, top pair, and a weak bd flush, I hoped to play this somewhat aggressively, but the Villian raised so I wasn't sure about being WA/WB. Without any reads I'm probably giving him credit for a Qx, flush draw, or even already made straight.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check. <font color="red">Villian bets. I raise.</font> Villian calls.
I hoped to check-raise here hoping to protect my queen high, but with the call I'm starting to possibly think flush but more likely he still has Qx and we're going to see a showdown.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">I bet. Villian raises.</font> I call.
Now, this river card is something I was hoping I wouldn't have to see, but I still bet it. Should I have folded to his raise, or should I have even bet this river? I still think there's some chance that my medium kicker is good because this unknown limped preflop but I'm definitely beat to a flush. How did I play the other streets?

Edit: By the way, have people been having connection problems on Empire? I have a stable connection but I have trouble keeping it up on only Empire.