Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Yet another

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:
If that chick really wanted to go with you, she wouldn't have let her friend drag her away.

Not true necessarily, at all. Not very fair, either.

I didn't read the rest of your post. Basically, it pisses me off that of all things, the poster's biggest pet peeve is a "bitch" who cares enough about her friend to not let her go [censored] some random guy while in a state in which she obviously cannot make logical decisions. If she wants to bang random guys while sober that is one thing, but for the poster to take advantage of her while she can barely stand up straight doesn't make him much of a man. He might as well just get some roofies. It is no different in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're presuming way too much, and far too complacent about doing so. That's just excessively sloppy thinking.

Since you seem set in your ways and unwilling to think about alternatives, you may not be interested in thinking about why you might have been incorrect or extremely presumptuous, but here's a few reasons for starters.

You weren't there at the time.
Therefore you are in no position to really judge how drunk the girl was.
You don't know what the girl really wanted, drunk or sober, or even if there's a difference between the two. You make very emphatic assumptions regarding both of the above.
You don't know the poster. Therefore it's out of line to imply motivations or personal outlooks on your own and then pronounce a very harsh judgment based upon ignorance.
You don't know the "bitch," therefore you don't know what she was like or what her motivations really were.

You have simply chosen to look at things in the way least flattering to the poster, most flattering to the "bitch"(not my term -- but I don't know her any less than you do), and in a way that ascribes the least amount of self-awareness to the girl.

This is bundling one extreme outlook upon another.

And that is not fair.

I find it hard to believe there isn't some sort of motive you might have for being so reactionary that comes from something other than the post itself. I have known many people who think that there is something inherently wrong or predatory in sex. I have no idea if you are the kind who thinks that "good girls don't have sex" or that people who are drunk, at any particular level of drunkeness, are actually not themselves or incapable of acting to their own ends in accordance with their own desires. It's hard to imagine seeing the situation as described by the poster being construed in the relatively...umm...shall we say "satanic" light in which you have construed it without thinking that maybe someone has jumped the gun just a wee bit in bashing another poster.

It appears to me you were working more from the violent mental images in your own head than really relating to the story as described by the original poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can type fancy stuff all you'd like, it won't work on me.

Here is what the guy said:

let me explain something. this girl was so trashed i probably could have just [censored] her in the bathroom. she would have gone home with a chimp if her bitch friend didnt stop her

QED
Old 11-28-2004, 06:50 PM

hmm that is a tough one to refute. i am going to have to agree w/ homer.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't know what the girl really wanted, drunk or sober, or even if there's a difference between the two. You make very emphatic assumptions regarding both of the above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never claimed to know what the girl wanted sober. I even suggested that she might want the same thing when sober as when drunk, and if so, that's fine. But to take advantage of someone who is falling down drunk, who would have "gone home with a chimp", is wrong. You will never convince me otherwise, no matter how many fancy arguments you make.

-- Homer
Old 11-28-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Pet Peeves

I hate it more when you are behind these doofuses and because of oncoming traffic you can't easily get around them so it takes you twice as long to get somewhere. I work in dowtoen Minneapolis and Use the skyways almost exclusively so I can behind three or four chatting slow walking selfish moraons for bloacks at a time.

Another thing I hate is finding someone elses turd in the tiolet at a public restroom.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:53 PM

I coach in one of those leagues and I think they are good. At that age it should be about learning and teaching. There is plenty of time for competition. If I caught any player on my team keeping score they had to run the hill at the next practice.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can type fancy stuff all you'd like, it won't work on me.

Here is what the guy said:

let me explain something. this girl was so trashed i probably could have just [censored] her in the bathroom. she would have gone home with a chimp if her bitch friend didnt stop her

[/ QUOTE ]

Your original response came before the poster posted this. ALL your presumptions were made without adequate information, and your resultant response was very harsh and judgmental. You can't get in the way-back machine and reverse time.

[ QUOTE ]

I never claimed to know what the girl wanted sober. I even suggested that she might want the same thing when sober as when drunk, and if so, that's fine. But to take advantage of someone who is falling down drunk, who would have "gone home with a chimp", is wrong. You will never convince me otherwise, no matter how many fancy arguments you make.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only cast doubt upon either her sobriety or what she might have wanted whether drunk or sober after both your post(first) and the original poster's second post(second). Your first response was quite a leap.

By the way, a surprising number of women DO go home with chimps and even like and prefer them, and banging in the bathroom is about a million miles away from the worst or most outrageous thing most people will ever do, drunk or sober.

That's something even the original poster wouldn't know about, and he was actually there at the time. Nobody knows what anybody else really wants.

If the girl was really incapacitated, it's one thing. She didn't sound anything like that according to the first post, which is the one you responded to, or the second post, which is not the one you responded to.

The second post by the original poster casts the guy in a different light, but not either of the girls. Perhaps he agrees he was a scumbag or trying to be one; certainly his idea that the girl would go home with a chimp doesn't seem respectful of either the girl or himself, and more presumptuous than insightful about the girl. I don't think anyone can speak for the girl's motivations or desires one way or the other, except for the girl herself, who had no particular desire to work it all out under pressure on the spot or tell anyone.

Anyway, it seems there's a lot of confidence about a lot of assumptions going on here, both from people who were and weren't there. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual girl involved had a different and more realistic take on things than everyone present at the time and everyone in this thread commenting about it.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:21 PM

Homer does make a point but let me clear my name. the girl came in with a group of girls who were obviously the party bunch. they drank the most and were often the ones jumping on the bar so i have no reason to believe that she wasnt going home with some other guy, and if she is it may as well be me. by the way her and most of her friends acted it is my guess that this is a standard weekend thing for them to do.
i am also not some predator like you would like to believe. i do not go out and seek the drunkest girl in the bar and take her home. she had just grabbed me out of a crowd of guys and i was just going with the flow. i am also not a rapest. if i sincerley felt that she was in a mindset that she could not make any clear decisions ie. passing out while im fooling around with her i would have used better judgment for my sake and hers and not attempted anything. finally the girl that grabbed her was by far the least attractive of the bunch and looked rather misrable wathcing all her friends have a great time. i honestly believe that while she may have been only trying to be a good friend, jeal;ousy played a substatianl part in her leading her friend away. as a matter of fact i didnt mention her other girlfriends gigling as they watched us walking to the door wich leades me to believe that they were okay with it
Old 11-28-2004, 10:55 PM

Here is my pet peev:

Ok, you know how when you park your car in a parking lot, every now and then you find a spot that is a "pull through." So you pull straight through and you don't have to back out when you leave. That is hot.

Well, some parking lots have one direction lanes and the spots are at an angle. I HATE when idiots pull through here. I can just see them being excited about their pull through spot. Now when they leave they are forced to drive the wrong direction down the one way lane.

When I see cars parked like this I seriously want to just wait by their car and beat the [censored] out of them when they get back. IDIOTS!
Old 11-29-2004, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
--The guy in the poker room who thinks that the tv closest to him is HIS tv,...

[/ QUOTE ]

First come, first served, man. There are exceptions, like when EVERYONE wants to watch something else, but by and large I think you missed on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, of course.

I was talking about the guy who can't believe we're not going to keep the Weather Channel on when the Monday Night Football game is about to kick off.

And since we're back in the poker room, here's another:

A new player, chips in hand, approaches a seat that has been empty for over an hour, and as soon as he gets within two feet of it, one of the players blurts, "Dealer, I want that seat!!!"

Extra points if more than one player put in a claim for it, then argue bitterly about it.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:46 AM

Oh yeah, I hate DVDs that MAKE you watch previews.