Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 12:21 AM

Default KK Post flop

This is a 20+2 on Poker Stars

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter

Button (t2155)
SB (t1660)
BB (t1605)
UTG (t1640)
UTG+1 (t765)
Hero (t1750)
MP2 (t1235)
CO (t2690)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls t125, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t350) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, SB calls t300.

Turn: (t1250) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1150 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t1060 (All-In).

River: (t3460) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3460
Old 06-06-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: KK Post flop

I play it the same way pre flop and on the flop. I hate seeing that ace so I might check behind him and then see if he leads out on the river and determine where I am at then.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:56 AM

Ditto. I definately am not putting any money into the pot after seeing that A.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same way pre flop and on the flop. I hate seeing that ace so I might check behind him and then see if he leads out on the river and determine where I am at then.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm villain, I'm shoving any river card just cause you checked behind on the turn.

I think if you wanna get a showdown, it's a lot better to bet small on the turn and check behind on the river.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:15 AM

Isn't that a good thing though? You get hands you own to get their chips in the middle, which is good here.

Two things: Draws, and getting crap to call you.

How do you this? I don't think it's by shoving the turn. I think checking the turn is solid, despite giving away a free card.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:20 AM

I put villain on 77+ more than I put him on an ace. He could have As7s+, but its still about 3-2 that you have him beat. As for the turn, he's probably feeling pot committed on the flop, and the A one the board makes it considerably less likely than he has one.
Checking behind here is weak. U give him a free card to a draw that won't pay you off it he misses, but will extract some $$ from you if you are beat.
You also give up a potentially profitable situation of getting called by an underpair.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:21 AM

Well it's not really a good thing because you're going to fold if he bets anything significant on the river. It's also very hard to bet a small amount on the turn after putting so much in on the flop, but it's still probably worth it to bet small and hope he calls/folds then checks the river. It seems likely that he's either on a straight draw or a flush draw (likely with the As). By betting you'll lose minimum if he's got the A and win maximum if he's drawing and misses. He could also have a made hand like a set and go for a river CR after seeing you bet the turn -- or he could raise the turn and allow you to fold easily.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:22 AM

Well, what's hero going to do if his opponent pushes the river? Surely if you're somewhat scared of the ace on the turn, you can't like an all-in bet on the river.

I don't like pushing the turn either. The ace makes me sick, but there's a reasonable chance I have the best hand. I wanna make it to showdown as cheap as possible. I bet something small, maybe just 200-400. That looks like it either begs of a call or dreads a call. Most opponents without an ace will lay down there, and most with it will check-raise, perhaps all in. So you either pick up a good size pot with minimal risk on the turn, or lose a few more chips in order to find where you're at, and save the rest of them. I think both are way better than facing an all-in bet on the river and having no idea where I'm at.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:23 AM

I see that play now. I think it makes a lot of sense. Bet just 200-300 on the river, see what happens?
Old 06-06-2005, 01:49 AM

I meant bet turn -- fold to CR.

Then check riv behind. If he gaybets anything decent on riv, fold (especially if a draw hits -- though this would be a nice missed draw bet by him if the draw didn't hit and a nice fake hit draw bet by him if it did).

Perg explains this pretty well above.