Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Lost, 80/160 line

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if i had called this far, i would call the river as well

[/ QUOTE ]

very poor reasoning

[/ QUOTE ]

hm.. could be, in this kind of situations when i decide to call down i usually call river down. why is so impossible that this guy has 88,77,66,55,44 that you all beat? is he not capping with this one?
maybe this is just my bad habbit, which i hace to get rid off
Old 11-29-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many handed is this? Also I definitely think the river is a clear fold, and think that you played the hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, this was 6 handed.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like bobbyi's analysis.

I also think you played the hand well.

also, 38/30 needs tt include a disclaimer for number of players at the table. or even better, how often does he steal?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is filtered for hands less than 6 handed down to 4 handed. His steal percent was about 40 if I remember correct.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"loose, fast, and aggressive" isnt enough for anyone to make that call. we need to know what you think his capping range is and whether he is capable of firing 3 barrels on this board with A high or an underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had been watching the table for 2 orbits and saw him giving a lot of action with hands that he shouldn't or if I didn't see the hand a hand with much less strength than I would think was shipping big pots. I was pretty sure he wouuld fire on all streets with both of those holdings...
Old 11-29-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like bobbyi's analysis.

I also think you played the hand well.

also, 38/30 needs tt include a disclaimer for number of players at the table. or even better, how often does he steal?

[/ QUOTE ]

neither of you think he has enough As dominated and enough pocket pairs beaten to raise the flop? my biggest problem with this hand is how aggro this guy is. he could be 45/30 or he could be 90/60. big difference between the two

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have numbers up yet but they way he was playing I would guess 55/35 and very aggressive for a guy who plays that many hands.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:01 AM

was this ub? i think you played it well, against an aggro. 80 ub player i think cring the flop is ok but can cause problems. i think there is a good chance that the action will go something like this, you cr he 3 bets you have to call down, or you cr he calls and crs the turn and you have too call down. either way ugly.
however, the benifit of cring a street is a hand like AJ or other A hi hand may call you down and all the pockt pairs you beat will prolly call down. however a lot of these hands you beat may bet every street.
so basically i think thse is a spot where you use his agression against him and basically just try to get one bet in on each street no more no less.

finally i think there is no chance that anyone folds TT sh, ever.
dave
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 AM

nuts,

i think you played this hand perfectly postflop. although it sucks when the bad cards keep coming in.

edit: everyone who plays in the UB 80 game, if you want to exchange SNs with me and give hand advice etc lmk.