Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 08:52 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Baptism troubles????

Nephew (son of Brother In-Law): to be baptised as Baptist.

Is this an infant? The last time I checked the Baptist won't batise him if he is.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Baptism troubles????

[ QUOTE ]
The vast majority of Catholics are reasonable in their beliefs and don't follow the Catechisms by the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to kick off a religious debate, but... why not become Protestant (or agnostic, or Atheist, or Wiccan, or whatever falls in line with what you really believe)?

I'm a non-denominational Protestant Christian, and I've long been a bit harsh on Catholicism simply because there don't seem to be a lot of Catholics who A) follow what the Church says you should do/believe and B) are actually happy with it.

If you don't believe what they're saying, or you're unhappy with it, why stay Catholic? I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I'm honestly curious. The only reason I've ever come up with is a sense of tradition... which just doesn't quite hold water with me as a good reason for a religious belief, but... I mean, is there another reason? Or? Hm? Gah? OWRHH? H? .?