Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Possible cheater?

I played a 50+5 sng this evening and of all the incredible beats and unlikely events I've seen, this was amazing to the point of suspicion. Before I get responses like, "It happens, it's poker" hear me out. I'm not new to poker and I know that some pretty crazy things happen. But check this out.
First hand two players are in a raising war with a third player calling each raise. Eventually, all three are all in before the flop. The two raisers have AA and KK and the guy in the middle has j9. Flop comes 10,8,7 and he triples up.

Everyone was pretty amused and dumbfounded that this guy put it all in preflop with j9, but we didn't think too much of it until this: Third hand, someone raises to 100 and the big stack calls. Flop comes 8,3,2. The raiser goes all in for 900 and the big stack calls instantly with 10,7! Turn and river are 9,6 for a straight. He now has 4000.

Last hand of round one, a guy raises and the big stack calls. Flop comes a,k,5. The big stack bets out, raiser goes all in and big stack calls. Raiser has ak, big stack has q2! Turn and river are running deuces. So now this guy is up to 5k. Folks, this tourney was over in 32 hands. I came in second by never playing a hand. The rest of us to be eliminated exited in the same fashion, by getting all of our chips in there against this guy with hands that majorly dominated him and his cards came every time.
I'm not complaining, I think it was pretty amusing, but frankly, it was to the point where I had to question if this guy didn't know the five cards to come ahead of time. On a serious note, are there cheaters out there that can crack the software, and if so, do you think this might be a case of that? Should I email Partypoker?