Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Re: ergonomic, 99% mouse-free 4-tabling for $40

After reading a few posts and seeing a couple of pictures, I decided to try out a game controller/autohotkey combination.

At first it was a bit of a struggle, but now I play 4 to 8 tables without ever touching the mouse/keyboard (unless I want to chat).

I use a logitech cordless rumblepad ($39) which has two joysticks, a POV pad and 12 buttons.

Two autohotkey scripts do the rest.

Setup:

Right joystick acts as mouse.
Buttons:
Button 1: fold
Button 2: call
Button 3: raise
Button 4: ALL IN
Button 5: Cycle to next active window
Button 6: left mouse
Button 7: close current window (useful after missing a buyin)
Button 8: right mouse button
Button 9: Autobuyin to tournament in my favorite seat
Button 10: bring lobby to front and refresh game list
Button 11: autoarrange all open tables
Button 12: not used (yet)

Left joystick: not used (yet)

POV pad: raises lowers NL bet.
up/down by 100, left/right by 5

There is also a background routine that scans the tables and makes _darn sure_ that when I click a button, the table with the 'action buttons' is the active window. Further explanation: MTH brings any window requiring action to the lower right corner of my screen, but does not necessarily give it the input focus. My routine checks to see if the lower right table has the action buttons and if it does, then forces the input focus on it. This helps avoid misclicks.

It might not be the most 'ergonomic' setup, but it's really put the fun back in multitables for me.

Kudos to the autohotkey guys, and to all the 2+2ers that helped spark the idea. Mouseless poker rules.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is also a background routine that scans the tables and makes _darn sure_ that when I click a button, the table with the 'action buttons' is the active window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this background routine? Was it part of the AutoHotKey package?

I'm thinking of combining what you did with voice recognition software and doing this hands free on one of my computers. I'm usually dictating other stuff if I'm working at that computer, so I've already got the headset on and the software running.

On my laptop, I think I'll try what you did, but with some sort of gamepad or numberpad that I can sit on the arm of the couch/recliner and operate with one hand. I'm usually in the living room with my family when using this one, so voice recognition would just make it seem like my psych meds weren't working.

SF
Old 08-17-2005, 12:35 PM

is voice recognition that accurate yet? that u would trust money to it
??
Old 08-17-2005, 01:02 PM

In my other applications it does pretty good. I'm a low limit (.5/1 to 3/6) recreational player, but even so, I will try this on play tables until i get bugs worked out.

I'd actually prefer it if some poker site would simply include hotkeys in their programming. It seems like a pretty easily surmountable problem and I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting it.

BTW: In case you haven't seen it, there is another thread specifically regarding using voice recognition for online poker.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There is also a background routine that scans the tables and makes _darn sure_ that when I click a button, the table with the 'action buttons' is the active window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this background routine? Was it part of the AutoHotKey package?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, I wrote it using the autohotkey lanquage. Here it is, but you'd need to _customize_ it for your screen size. Mine is 1600x1200 and I use MultiTableHelper which always puts the 'needy' window in the bottom right of my screen.

begin script:

;
; automatically activate the botttom right window when multitabling using MTH
;
#persistent
SetTimer, MyActivate, 100

return
;
; bring current window requiring action into focus
; so mousemoves and clicks will go to the right window
;
MyActivate:
setTitleMatchMode,2
WinGet, tableIDs, list, Hold'em
topcounter = 0
bottomcounter = 0
Loop, %tableIDs%
{
thisID := tableIDs%a_index%
;msgbox, %thisID% %a_index%
WinGetPos , x , y , w , h, ahk_id %thisID%

;msgbox, %x% %y%
if ((x = 806) and (y = 599) ) ; bottom right window
{
ControlGet, fold, visible,, AfxWnd42s14 ,ahk_id %thisID%

;msgbox, fold is %fold%
if (fold = 0)
{
return ; no buttons visible
}

WinActivate, ahk_id %thisID%
return

}
}
return
Old 08-18-2005, 11:00 AM

Also using a Gamepad for four tables. Will have to figure out next active window as I am using the joystick as the pointer to get to table.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading a few posts and seeing a couple of pictures, I decided to try out a game controller/autohotkey combination.

At first it was a bit of a struggle, but now I play 4 to 8 tables without ever touching the mouse/keyboard (unless I want to chat).

I use a logitech cordless rumblepad ($39) which has two joysticks, a POV pad and 12 buttons.

Two autohotkey scripts do the rest.

Setup:

Right joystick acts as mouse.
Buttons:
Button 1: fold
Button 2: call
Button 3: raise
Button 4: ALL IN
Button 5: Cycle to next active window
Button 6: left mouse
Button 7: close current window (useful after missing a buyin)
Button 8: right mouse button
Button 9: Autobuyin to tournament in my favorite seat
Button 10: bring lobby to front and refresh game list
Button 11: autoarrange all open tables
Button 12: not used (yet)

Left joystick: not used (yet)

POV pad: raises lowers NL bet.
up/down by 100, left/right by 5

There is also a background routine that scans the tables and makes _darn sure_ that when I click a button, the table with the 'action buttons' is the active window. Further explanation: MTH brings any window requiring action to the lower right corner of my screen, but does not necessarily give it the input focus. My routine checks to see if the lower right table has the action buttons and if it does, then forces the input focus on it. This helps avoid misclicks.

It might not be the most 'ergonomic' setup, but it's really put the fun back in multitables for me.

Kudos to the autohotkey guys, and to all the 2+2ers that helped spark the idea. Mouseless poker rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't find your AHK script. Specifically, I need to know what I put in the script to refer to my logitech button 1, etc.