Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2003, 02:49 AM

Default A day at the \'Woods

I went on a road trip to the Foxwoods today with my friend Fred. I don't want to confuse him with the legendary Redd Foxx, however I usually refer to Fred, as Fred G Sanford.

Fred plays in the Foxwoods weekly hold em tournament and this week was no exception. I asked if I could tag along. I needed a break from the AC poker scene.

After I busted out of the tournament, I played in a $5-$10 kill game. Once the pot goes over $100 the limits increase to $10-$20 and the limits stays that way until the pot goes under $100.

The game had two very loose wild aggessive players. They never played poker before and they wanted to have fun. They were husband and wife, and they sat to my immediate left. He sat one to my left she sat two to my left. He raised every hand he played for the first hour. He would raise without looking, then she would reraise. He caught hand after hand. He capped preflop with pocket 3's and flopped a set. Soon every pot got capped preflop. I witnessed one hand where every street got capped. I didnt get any hands to do battle with. so I had to watch from the sidelines.

After a sick run of cards, the married couple wanted to take a break. Everyone at the table went out of their way to make the husband and wife feel comfortable. We didnt want them to leave without giving back their money. We laughed with them and encouraged them to come back.

They had 55 minutes to return or they would get picked off the table. They returned in 45. The husband picked up a few hundred playing roulette. He said he just learned how to make money at that game.

When they returned, their luck ran out. The wife lost close to one thousand dollars. The husband had two thousand in front of him at one point. When he left the table he left with five hundred. I did manage to get some of their money before they left.

After they left, the complexion of the game changed. I played a bit longer and then I started getting tired. I had to get up at 4 am to make the trip.

Fred and I decided to leave. He played 5 hours in the tournament and didnt want to jump into a ring game. Fred placed 13th out of 160. Last week he played 9th out of 155.

I had a very good time and I liked the room. I think the dealers can use some improvement. I saw a lot more college students in the Foxwoods poker room than the room at the Taj. I hope to visit again in two weeks. I think the games have a lot more softer players here than in Atlantic City.

Old 03-04-2003, 07:29 AM

Default Re: A day at the \'Woods

thats a great time.......why didnt you try to make time w/the nice couple and invite them to dinner.?.....that games over.......hahahah......life is good......
Old 03-04-2003, 12:08 PM

Default Re: A day at the \'Woods

Mike when you go again be sure to stop and pick me up, Dynasty will be there at the end of this month and we can show him how the boys on the East Coast play.