Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Zoloft anyone?

Just got prescribed with Zoloft today (sertraline). Anyone taken this in the past? Currently? What do you think about it? Can you still drink alcohol occasionally? What about marijuana use occasionally? Pills like vicodin?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Zoloft anyone?

If you are taking it for depression as I would assume, you probably shouldn't be taking any drugs to begin with.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:32 PM

Everytime these commercials come on TV, right at the end when they are reading the "may cause..." disclaimer, I usually mutter...

"Side effects may include Dizzyness, Drousiness or Death"

...in the same tone as the announcer.

Never fails to get a laugh (even if I'm alone at the time).

I'm basically a real funny guy.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:02 PM

I've taken Zoloft regularly for quite a while now. I started in High School when I was clinically depressed and possibly suicidal. When I first went on it (100mg I believe) way back when I think it screwed up my appetite and masturbatory cycle for like a week. I soon found that taking 50mg or whatever provided me the same benefits and have been taking that ever since.

I've spent time not taking it (like a few weeks) just to see how different I'd feel and such.....and have realized that I am somehow able to be much more myself when I'm taking it - otherwise I get weirdly moody over stuff that like, makes no sense to get moody over.

Anyway, I've found that it has been quite to very helpful and definitely think it's worth trying for a while to see if it can help your state of mind.

Of course, if you have extended side effects then you would just switch to something different.

Occasional weed should be fine....drinking should be fine....I'd do neither *at all* until I was in a groove with the zoloft though and had ironed out the ideal dosage and knew it was working and had adjusted to it well.

Yugoslav
PS I'm not a doctor...what I just said shouldn't be construed as professional advice blah blah blah....something....
Old 07-07-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've taken Zoloft regularly for quite a while now. I started in High School when I was clinically depressed and possibly suicidal. When I first went on it (100mg I believe) way back when I think it screwed up my appetite and masturbatory cycle for like a week. I soon found that taking 50mg or whatever provided me the same benefits and have been taking that ever since.

I've spent time not taking it (like a few weeks) just to see how different I'd feel and such.....and have realized that I am somehow able to be much more myself when I'm taking it - otherwise I get weirdly moody over stuff that like, makes no sense to get moody over.

Anyway, I've found that it has been quite to very helpful and definitely think it's worth trying for a while to see if it can help your state of mind.

Of course, if you have extended side effects then you would just switch to something different.

Occasional weed should be fine....drinking should be fine....I'd do neither *at all* until I was in a groove with the zoloft though and had ironed out the ideal dosage and knew it was working and had adjusted to it well.

Yugoslav
PS I'm not a doctor...what I just said shouldn't be construed as professional advice blah blah blah....something....

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such a thing as a chemical imbalance. Go see an auditor immediately, your thetans are out of whack.

Swede
Old 07-07-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never fails to get a laugh (even if I'm alone at the time).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prescribe clozapine.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:38 PM

What's clozapine?
Old 07-07-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Zoloft anyone?.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] zoloft is a very safe med that has been on the market +12 years (usa)...approved for depression, panic, social phobia, ptsd...

usually gotta take higher dose than 50 mg

gl
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]