Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Calling a blind all-in, blind.

3 players left in a 6 player tourney. One guy, kinda loose aggressive preflop, passive post-flop, who makes bets of 3 chips when he has something... etc.

He's in the small, and I'm in the big. He doesn't look at his cards. It's folded to him, and he goes all-in blind for 2.25 x the bb. I call blind.

My stack was about 40xbb, and I was the chip leader vs another guy with about 20xbb, and this dude, with 2.25xbb.

Now, I was thinking about this when I got up, and I would have been very embarassed to look down and find 32o.

So... what hands can I fold to the villain? I'm just curious.

I figured I'd take a chance and knock him out, and that there wasn't a hand that I could fold. I'm probably wrong about that.

Actually, I'm going to pokerstove it right now: 32o vs random and 72o vs random. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

32o is 32:68... I have to call. 72o is slightly better.

Alright... have I just answered my own question? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm leaving this up just to see if my logic here is correct, as well as just in case anyone's curious about this.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Calling a blind all-in, blind.

It's possible that a maneuver like this would be "tapping the glass", unless you did it in a really playful way.

If you kind of presented yourself as a poker god who knew that he must call you, then you give away too much information and create a bad image.

Any comments about the hand are welcome.

Also, if you look at your cards and then call, you shouldn't ahve to turn them over unless the bettor shows something better.

... not sure about that though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]